2 printers; 1 template; different results

When an order is submitted a ticket is printed for the kitchen and wait staff. However, the ticket sent to the wait staff is missing the Table line. But both print jobs use the same printer template.
Below is an example of the tickets and my configuration.

Template:

[LAYOUT]

<div style="margin-left:10px;font-size:14px">
<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
<L00>{ENTITIES}
<L00>Server:{USER NAME}
<L00>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
</div>
{ORDERS}

[ORDERS]
<div style="font-weight:bold;font-size:18px">
<L10>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}
{ORDER TAGS}
</div>

[ORDERS:Void]
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**Void**
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<span style="color: red">
<L10>     * {ORDER TAG NAME}
</span>

[ENTITIES:Room]
-- Table entity format
<L00>Room: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<L00>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<J00>Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}

instead of using two print jobs try using 1. Just put the same mapping you have on your second print job into the first one.

Separate print jobs is useful if your printing at separately to two different areas at different times. If your wanting it all to print at the same time just use one Print Job.

@kimbokasteniv can you PM me a zip file of your backup? I want to check if it is a template issue or not.

Thank you very much for the backup. I think that was something simpler than I guessed…

<div style="margin-left:10px;font-size:14px">
<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
<L00>{ENTITIES}
<L00>Server:{USER NAME}
<L00>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
</div>

Can you try removing <L00> in front of {ENTITIES} tag?

PS: Collection tags should not start with formatters as their content generated by item templates.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, now I can see how my template did not make sense.
Thanks, man. Printing works as expected now.

@Jesse Although I didn’t utilize this solution, I’m glad you posted it. Adding another print mapping for the same print job with a different printer did not occur to me before.I’ll keep this in mind in the future. (Since my original post I have changed the Printing Content drop down on the two jobs to different values, so I can no longer combine the jobs.)

1 Like