Account Statements with Template Layout

Last x Days maybe?

Report Screen date filters?

Program Setting?

SQL… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That is pretty much what is is, sorry thought I said that.
There is print account transactions action but no way to customise this layout.

What I can’t understand is… do you mean to print what customer paid or what customer have to pay… I don’t see how printing account transactions with x days filter will work.

What they have to pay, I guess. So any transactions made since the account had 0 balance.

As far as my system god it wouldn’t even need to be filtered by date range as if using booking entity/account there would only be the required actions on the account but if date filter is possible it could mean that it wouldn’t need booking entity/account and can just go on room account with date filter {ENTITY DATA:Rooms:Check In}.

Pretty much what I need is what the action ‘Print Account Transactions’ gives but that I can put in to a ticket template to allow me to put customer details etc on the slip.

Transaction list would show payments also, so if not paid in full.
Its a statement of account, thats it.

Example of what I mean;

06/11/15  12:03      Ticket 428                     £  54.20
07/11/15  14:12      Ticket 497                     £  24.50
07/11/15  16:01      Ticket 502                     £  32.80
07/11/15  16:01      Payment Cash                  -£ 111.50
08/11/15  18:46      Ticket 521                     £  54.20

So a statement/bill would look something like this;
Although this has room number and guest name it would be same principle for customer accounts where it would obviously be customer name and account would be whatever the customer account is formatted to [Name]-[Number]?

Hotel Name
                         Address
                          Email
                         Website
                        VAT Number

Date:  08/11/15                  Account: Room 1
Time:  19:52                     Guest Name: Joe Trice-Rolph

06/11/15  12:03      Ticket 428                     £  54.20
07/11/15  14:12      Ticket 497                     £  24.50
07/11/15  16:01      Ticket 502                     £  32.80
07/11/15  16:01      Payment Cash                  -£ 111.50
08/11/15  18:46      Ticket 521                     £  54.20

Total Charges:                                      £ 165.70
Total Payments:                                     £ 111.50
Balance Due:                                        £  54.20

VAT Breakdown
Total Charges: £ 165.70
VAT Included:  £  27.62
Net Charges:   £ 138.10

The right hand column would either be +/- transaction values or two columns as on the print account transactions Credit/Debit columns, either way, columns are already implemented in the action so they would probably be easier to go with.
So would expect a template something like this (template tags may not be 100% as typed off top of my head but should show the idea);

Hotel Name
                     Address
                      Email
                     Website
                    VAT Number

Date:  {DATE}                    Account: {ENTITY NAME:Rooms}
Time:  {TIME}                    Guest Name: {ENTITY DATA:Rooms:Guest Name}

{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS:{ENTITY DATA:Account}} 

Total Charges:                                      £ {ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DEBIT TOTAL:{ENTITY DATA:Account}}
Total Payments:                                     £ {ACCOUNT TRANSACTION CREDIT TOTAL:{ENTITY DATA:Account}}
Balance Due:                                        £  [=F({ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DEBIT TOTAL:{ENTITY DATA:Account}}-{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DEBIT TOTAL:{ENTITY DATA:Account}})]

VAT Breakdown
Total Charges: £ {ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DEBIT TOTAL:{ENTITY DATA:Account}}
VAT Included:  £   [=F({ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DEBIT TOTAL:{ENTITY DATA:Account}/6}
Net Charges:   £ [=F({ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DEBIT TOTAL:{ENTITY DATA:Account}/1.2}
2 Likes

Another thought is that ideally we would want a way to feed say entity into the print job.

What I am getting at is the other requests have generally be in regards sending out statements to account holders and going through each entity would be a pain in the A.

We in theory can specify ticket ID in a print action but there would obviously not be a ticket ID in this template or flow.
So would either need an additional field in the execute print job or an additional action of something like 'Print Account Template' as we already have print account screen, transactions and transaction document.

Oh, sorry, just noticed Print Entity (when did that get added, not noticed before…) which sounds like it would be exactly what I was inferring…

Going to be really embarrassed if that’s the solution to what ive been trying to do!

Is there some reason we can’t have Printer Template in the Print Report Action?

Surely the report is the template no?

Think print entity offers a potential route as far as statements goes.

Surely you are correct. That makes sense. So what do we need beyond that?

Map the Action to a Printer that uses A4/Letter paper, create a Report to pull Entity/Account data and summary… what else?

You cant format a report in the same way as you can a ticket though can you?

What are you missing in Report Templates exactly?

The ability to format into something like above?
Try <L00> outside a table and it just gets dragged into the table above

into

gives this;

The {ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS:Booking Account Transaction:{ENTITY NAME}} cold do with an alternative like {REPORT…} which allows choosing the fields.

also @emre this action didnt seem to like entity name… , could only get to work with entity ID, even with entity name set in action rather than rule with [:xx]

That worked while this didnt;

entity ID 210 = U8B1-2520989960

Have you tried Report Tags in a Printer Template? They don’t work?

Sorry, how do you mean?

Also {ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS:.... will obviously only show transactions of a specific transaction type so isnt suitable for a ‘statement’

So what would be good is a {TRANSACTIONS} section tag to define a [TRANSACTIONS] section like we do for orders.
With tags like {TRANSACTION DATE}, {TRANSACTION TYPE}, {TRANSACTION TOTAL} {TRANSACTION DESCRIPTION} and something to either format credit/debit desperately or {TRANSACTION TOTAL} bring DEBIT or ‘(CREDIT)’ / ‘-CREDIT’.

To allow something like;

[ENTITY]
-- Statement layout
<C00>
<C00>{ENTITY NAME}
<C00>
{TRANSACTIONS}

[TRANSACTIONS]
<J00>{TRANSACTION DATE}|{TRANSACTION DESCRIPTION}|{TRANSACTION TOTAL}

Because there isnt (or at least not that I can see) a report tag which products a statement type layout regardless of report/print template.

These are the account based report tags (at least the ones listed on the template help)

ACCOUNT TOTAL:X Account Total
ACCOUNT DEBIT TOTAL:X Account Debit Total
ACCOUNT CREDIT TOTAL:X Account Credit Total
ACCOUNT TRANSACTION TOTAL:X Account Transaction Total
ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DEBIT TOTAL:X Account Transaction Debit Total
ACCOUNT TRANSACTION CREDIT TOTAL:X Account Transaction Credit Total
ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS:X Account Transaction Details
ACCOUNT TRANSACTION COUNT:X Account Transaction Count

Non of those are {REPORT… type, DETAILS is closest but can only list one transaction type…

1 Like

I mean, take a Report Template and dump it into a Printer Template. Copy/paste.

Maybe remove the header fields on the Report… or not!

Automate it all. Select Customer, click button, which in turn executes Print Job Action that is set to use the desired Printer and Printer Template.

Sorry, my reply got caught on the end of my post while you posted. (ABOVE)

This is what im trying to achive but with additional info/formatting; (there is no template in the system which I can see for this print… just an action to print it)

this is Print Account Transactions action

Maybe you already tried this, and it does not work, or you don’t understand what I am suggesting. Does this help?