Allmost ready to go LIVE! two questions!

Dear guys, I have added all my products, all my tables, added a grafic to my ticket, added all my supplements and modifiers, all my taxex (2, one 10% and the other 0%). Now I need your help for two last things:

1. Tables do have tax (10%) and its working!!! but balcony has no tax, even thoe, it calculates tax, can I modify that so tables do have tax and balcony not?
  2. Is there any way to see “live” how much is already been payed (closed tables) and how much is going to be payed (open tables)? I read something about some widgtes but to be honest I am compeltely lost!!!

By the way tomorrow i will start live testing usign Samba and our old POS, if everything works out, i will be configuring samba for our second restaurant and then we will discard our old pos and go on with SAMBA. Great work for the developers, its an amazing product!!!

THANKS!!!

1. One solution might be creating a separate department for balcony. So you can map tax templates to specific departments.
  2. Live widgets that displays account balances is still in our to do list.

Good luck on your first day :slight_smile: You’ll love it.

1. OK, I will give it a try, could you help me thru?
  2. Great, I am anssioulsy waiting for it!!! jajajajajajaja

THANKS!!!

Are you making both balcony and table sales through same terminal?

yes!, Me (the only cashier)

now this brings me to another question, we do have two restaurants (with different menus) but is it possible to set only one database in one mashine and access that form the other mashine? if that is possible… could we talk in prvate for some payed help?

Hmm. If there is one terminal you’ll need different configuration.

You’ll create three ticket types for Restaurant 1 table sales, for restaurant 1 balcony sales and for restaurant 2.

You’ll create two departments for restaurant 1 and restaurant 2. Assign their ticket types and through ticket types assign their menus. After creating departments you’ll see two buttons at the bottom left corner of the screen so you can switch between restaurant 1 and 2.

You’ll create three entity screens. One for R1 tables, another one for R1 balcony and one more for R2. You’ll map these screens to related departments.

You’ll map tax templates to ticket types through mappings screen.

Sorry we can’t offer paid support for now but I think you can solve that easily.

Ok Lets see if I can drill this down…
If there where a simple way to work with one database and two different configurations would be great, however its not a MUST, since we are already working as different restaurants.
Using two taxes (I have to say that the tax we are using is really a service charge, not a tax) is a must…
maybe I have to change the tax calculation to a service charge one…

if you are ther and have some time, I would appreciate an orientation to deploy it (tax vs service charge) in production.

thanks!!!

If it is not a tax using service charge will be better because tax is calculated based on products and it may create issues. Service charge calculated based on ticket total and I think this is what you need to use.

We have a tutorial about adding service charges. How to add services charge?

Like I mentioned there you can apply service charges via “Update Ticket Calculation” action. In this case you don’t need to create different ticket types.

###A Quick Tutorial

My table names starts with B and M letters. So I want to add service charge if my table name starts with B and not for else.

I’ll start by creating an account for servicing fee.

I need a Account Transaction Type for that account.

I’ll add %5 servicing fee. Please notice how I mapped calculation to Account Transaction Type.

On that step we need to create a calculation selector but since we need to decide fee by table name we’ll do it by using “Update Ticket Calculation” action. I’ll create a new action.

Now I’ll create a rule that works as soon as I choose a table and I’ll update fee. I’ll handle Ticket Entity Changed event.

Please note how I check if table name starts with B letter.

Finally map that rule to a department. If you create multiple departments you can map this rule to a single department.

Let’s see what happens.

There is no fee for table M13 since it’s name starts with M letter.

When we create a ticket for B22 table it adds servicing fee.

This is just one of the possible customizations. In fact there is no “servicing fee by table name” feature built-in but we can configure SambaPOS to work that way. I strongly recommend you to practice these features since you can implement any idea to customize SambaPOS for your business. So you can change these rules when needed or create more complex logic for finer control.

WOW, thats great!!!
before reading this resonse I had changed the tax calculation to a service charge one!!! thinking that in a future cuold bring me trouble. so I am half way there, now i will implement the rule!!!

THANKS!!!

I am stuck in the 5th screen… i can´t get to show me the “Entity Name:TAble” dropdown… it only shows

thanks!!

Yes. Since this is a custom expression you need to type it manually.
{ENTITY NAME:Table}

If you remember this is a printer template tag. You can use printer template tags to make such comparisons. For example:

• {TICKET TOTAL} > 100 expression works if ticket total is greater than 100.
  • {ENTITY Data:Customer:Customer Type} Equals VIP works if you’ve created a custom field for Customers named as Customer Type and it’s value is VIP.

OK GREAT!!!

;it works!!!

THANKS !!! one more time!!!