Another crash issue 5.1.49

@emre Possibly linked to the enitity screen issues with hiding headers, im not sure. Here’s the issue, i open my recall “parked” sales and press the left arrow at the top left of the screen. This causes samba to crash and close with the following error

-----------------------------
[General Info]

Application: SambaPOS
Version:     5.1.49
Region:      en
DB:          SQ
Machine:     RICKS-LAPTOP
User:        Rick
Date:        10 Sep 2015
Time:        23:17

User Explanation:

Rick said ""

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type:        System.NullReferenceException
Message:     Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source:      Samba.Modules.EntityModule
Stack Trace: at Samba.Modules.EntityModule.EntitySwitcherViewModel.OnCancelSelection(String obj)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommand`1.<>c__DisplayClass6.<.ctor>b__2(Object o)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommandBase.Execute(Object parameter)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Commands.DelegateCommandBase.System.Windows.Input.ICommand.Execute(Object parameter)
   at MS.Internal.Commands.CommandHelpers.CriticalExecuteCommandSource(ICommandSource commandSource, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ToggleButton.OnClick()
   at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonUp(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseUpThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
   at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
   at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at Samba.Presentation.App.Main()

[Assembly Info]

mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.LayoutControl.v14.1, Version=14.1.11.0
System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v14.1, Version=14.1.11.0
System, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v14.1.Core, Version=14.1.11.0
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Domain, Version=1.0.0.0
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0
System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Core.v14.1, Version=14.1.11.0
Samba.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0
Stateless, Version=1.0.0.0
PropertyTools, Version=2012.4.14.1
Samba.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0
ReachFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure.Data, Version=1.0.0.0
EntityFramework, Version=6.0.0.0
FluentValidation, Version=3.4.0.0
Omu.ValueInjecter, Version=2.3.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.CSharp, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Persistance, Version=1.0.0.0

[System Info]

Operating System
-Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
--CodeSet = 1252
--CSDVersion = 
--CurrentTimeZone = 60
--FreePhysicalMemory = 1065412
--OSArchitecture = 64-bit
--OSLanguage = 2057
--ServicePackMajorVersion = 0
--ServicePackMinorVersion = 0
--Version = 10.0.10240

Machine
-RICKS-LAPTOP
--Manufacturer = Hewlett-Packard
--Model = HP 650 Notebook PC
--TotalPhysicalMemory = 4176769024
--UserName = RICKS-LAPTOP\Rick

1 Like

How are you calling up the screen? Navigate Module? With Parameter set or not?

yep as below

now ive set the hidden option on its not an issue for me as it hides that button so i cant be pressed, but if other people have all the other screens listed across the top and they press it they may get the same error

That arrow should not be available unless you entered it from a ticket. Are you inside a ticket when you navigate there?
What is done to the ticket I notice your constraint is only if ticket total less than 1 cent… why do you need that constraint?

nope, from main pos screen, ticket not yet created i press my recall button to open the entity screen to display the “parked sales” and it shows the arrow with all the other other entity screen across the top (which i have now hidden)

Your still using the Pre-Order tickets for this?

its set to less than 0.01 so it can only be used when there is NOT an active ticket

Are you firing this from Navigation (Main Menu) or Ticket Screen (POS).

Is the Hide Header parameter True, False, or Blank?

Does the Automation Command > Navigation section have values set for Module or Parameter?

nope im not using pre order tickets anymore i changed that setup

Ok I know what is going on here. If you plan to use it as an automation command to enter screen from main menu then you must hide header. If you do not then it will cause that crash. That is typically to go back to an active ticket that has an entity… there is no active ticket with an entity so it crashes.

@emre we should probably do something about this. That is way to easy for that error to reproduce. In fact I had to back through and redo all of my custom entity screen navigation automation.

I know you mentioned a reason for why you changed it the way you did. But it seems to me that if your using the Navigate action shouldnt header automatically be hidden? I mean I cant think of a reason not to hide it… if you dont then it will crash everytime if you press that back arrow.

1 Like

im firing from ticket screen, i have now set hide header to true as i didnt want the other headers showing at the top, but before i made that changed i pressed the left arrow to see what it would do, and then i got the crash

@emre, I can confirm this bug, at least in .48 and .49.

It does not matter if the Automation Command is on Navigation (Tile) and/or on POS/Ticket Screen. If the Hide Header is set to False (or blank) in the Action, the headers and back arrow will show, and when you click back arrow, SambaPOS crashes.

2 Likes

@QMcKay it seems PunchEditor is broken too. The reports will not load… Says something about Value Can not be null. Can you confirm that?

EDIT: I found culpret… if you enter design mode and then edit settings for report widget… parameters is empty it requires something there… I dont remember Parameters before?

1 Like

I don’t remember Parameters being there either, though mine is blank, and I don’t have a crash.

how do i remove the headers from this screen? its not created using navigate module so i cant see where theres another setting to hide the header?

Is that Screen being shown via Automation Command > Navigation section? If so, no you can’t hide it yet - I reported this already in the release thread.

yep auto command on nav screen, ah sorry i missed that post cheers :slight_smile:

It will work fine on next update. Thank you very much.

Can’t wait for the Van Halen release :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like