Bigger font display

Tahoma is not a fixed width font. That means length of i letter and o letter are not same. You need to use a fixed width font like consolas or lucida console.

1 Like

Hello Emre
I tried changing the fonts but no change, I tried some other HTML coding but couldn’t get it to work. Any other ideas?

Change all the fonts to Consolas or some other fixed-width font as @emre suggested. Alignment/justification simply will not work unless you do so.

It also appears that you have an unmatched DIV in your Template. There are more opening DIVs than closing /DIVs, so your results could be unpredictable.

Can you show us the updated Template please?

Hi Ya
Here’s the updated template and ticket still with the problem

I tried also some html coding but to no avail.
Rgds
Outback

Just a quick glance i can see you have spelt the font incorrectly you have used “lusida” several times and it should be “lucida”

This appears to happen for you order settings so could explain why its not aligning as the font is incorrect, i also cant see a closing div tag here before youve opened another???

1 Like

You still have not fixed this.

And as Rickh said you misspelled the font name.

PS. next time just highlight the template and press copy then paste it inside here, Highlight it again and press the </> button.

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<div style="margin-left:10px; margin-right:5px">
<div style="font-weight:normal;text-align:left;font-size:13px;font-family:'lucida console'">
<BMP>c:\logo.bmp
<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
{ENTITIES}
<L00>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<F>*<\div>
{ORDERS}
<F>*
<EB>
{DISCOUNTS}
[<J10>Total Gift:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
<div style="font-size:16px;text-align:center;font-family:'lucida console'">Total:-{TICKET TOTAL} Baht
</div>
{PAYMENTS}
<div style="font-size:16px;text-align:center;font-family:'lucida console'">T H A N K   Y O U
</div>

[DISCOUNTS]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[PAYMENTS]
<J00>{PAYMENT NAME}|{PAYMENT AMOUNT}

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<J00>{QUANTITY}No {NAME} ({PRICE TAG})|{TOTAL PRICE}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**GIFT**

[ORDERS:Void]
-- Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDERS:Cancel]
<J00>- {QUANTITY}{NAME}|**CANCEL**

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<J00>{QUANTITY} {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}

[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<L00>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<L00>Customer: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Regular]
-- Regular entity format
<L00>Regular: {ENTITY NAME}
<L00>Current Bonus Points = {ENTITY DATA:Points}

Above is template A, with adjusted spelling, the missing closing Div, I cannot find.
Below is template B, by changing the alignment of orders to “right”, it’s nearly there, I could live with everything else aligned center but for the extra spacing

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<div style="margin-left:10px; margin-right:15px">
<div style="font-weight:normal;text-align:center;font-size:13px;font-family:'lucida console'">
{ENTITIES}
<F>*<\div>
<div style="font-weight:normal;text-align:right;font-size:13px;font-family;'lucida console'">
{ORDERS}
<F>*
<EB>
<\div>
{DISCOUNTS}
<div style="font-size:16px;text-align:center;font-family:'lucida console'">Total:-{TICKET TOTAL} Baht
</div>
{PAYMENTS}
<div style="font-size:16px;text-align:center;font-family:'lucida console'">T H A N K   Y O U
</div>

[DISCOUNTS]

[PAYMENTS]

[ORDERS]
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags

-- Table entity format

-- Regular entity format

It is becoming hard work to find the error, any other ideas?
Thanks in anticipation
Outback

Can you try using Consolas font?

1 Like

Your Templates appear to have the proper number of matching DIVs. However, <\div> is wrong in a few places; it should be </div> instead.

Hello again, busy weekend, my birthday.
The image left [template A] the image right [template B]; I have changed the fonts, corrected divs etc etc,tried float right, float left, text align everything - the best I can do is templale B, except for the wide space before the orders print.
Otherwise, I have to say, I give up.
Any other ideas?
Rgds
Outback

At the top of your ticket template where you start the div tags or formatting the orders you have align:right, then further down the template where you define what to print for orders eg item name, price etc you start the line with < J00 > for justify

Is it possible the align right and the justify tags ae conflicting with each other? Have you tried removing align:right completely and just let the < L00 > tag position the text?

It doesnt look like it is using the pipe symbol to separate the item name and price to align them so might be worth removing text-align:right to see if that allows properly alignment as you appear to be telling it to do two different things

Have a try and let us know what effect that has

Also where you have ({PRICE TAG}) at the moment on your receipt if an item doesnt have a price tag you still get the brackets printed after the item like this ()

If you add square brackets around the tag then nothing will print when there is no value for price tag and should remove the unecessary brackets () from your print out

Like this [({PRICE TAG})]

Can you show us what this template prints?

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<div style="font-weight:normal;text-align:Left;font-size:13px;font-family:'Consolas'">
{ENTITIES}
<F>*
{ORDERS}
<F>*
<EB>
{DISCOUNTS}
<J10>Total:|{TICKET TOTAL} Baht

{PAYMENTS}
T H A N K   Y O U
</div>

[DISCOUNTS]

[PAYMENTS]

[ORDERS]
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags

-- Table entity format

-- Regular entity format
1 Like

Hi there,
Firstly RickH, I tried your idea but no change but thanks for the brackets around the Price Tag tip; then I loaded Emre’s template jigged it about a bit width etc and ended up with something like these three ticket copies, changed font to 14px, put in margins. Nearly there. But then when I have a long bill item, like the breakfast it won’t roll down to the next line in the same format. Centering the logo is another item but I have done it on one of the tickets.
Just have a look please, I will have more time again on Monday or Tuesday next week.
Rgds
Outback Jack

Its wrapping to next line. You mean its not printing price to right? This may be what your left with. Or you could shorts the printed name of product.

Seems like you got how to use divs. You can try aligning orders section to right by creating a separate div with right alignment. But do not nest divs. Create separate divs for header, order and footer parts.

2 Likes

Hi there guys
Not quite finished but almost. To save me going through all my products and shortening the headers for print purposes, I was trying to get this to work [=’{NAME}’.substr(0,8)] but it doesn’t work it prints nothing. Any ideas why. It was suggested by QMcKay as an answer to another post.
Rgds
Outback

This works just fine.

[ORDERS]
<J00>{QUANTITY} [='{NAME}'.substr(0,4)]|{PRICE}
{ORDER TAGS}

Something else must be wrong with your Template. Ensure you use an alignment tag of some type, such as L, R, J …

Regarding the substr, I discovered why it didn’t work, three reasons - if I set it at say (0,12) and the product was less than 12 letters long, it didn’t print; the square brackets round the PRICE TAG stopped it working or if there were square brackets in the product name. Otherwise it did work but it doesn’t suit my needs but thanks.
Otherwise, I have finally sorted by template, so thanks to everybody for the input

1 Like