Customer Display with Advertisement

@Hasa @QMcKay
Check this Please

<l><html>
<l></head>
<l><script src="live.js"></script>
<l><body>
<l><pre><center><font size="6">Total             $ {TICKET TOTAL}</font>
<l><center><div style="width: 90px;font-size: 22px;position: absolute;right: 0;left: 0;background: red;color: #FFF;margin: auto;">ITEMS</div></center>
<l><div style="background: #EEE; width: 400px;padding: 0px 0px 15px 0px;font-size: 14px;font-family: calibri;">
{ORDERS}
<l></div>
<L>
[<L00>----------------------- Notes -------------------------
<L>
{NOTE}
<L>]
<li><table width="360" border="0" style="margin-top: -24px;border-bottom: solid 1px #BBB;padding: 5px;font-family: calibri;font-weight: bold;">
<li>  <tr>
<li>    <td width="152"></td>
<li>    <td width="124">Amount Tendered</td>
<li>    <td width="62" style="text-align:right">$ {TENDERED TOTAL}</td>
<li>  </tr>

<li>  <tr>
<li>    <td width="152"></td>
<li>    <td width="124">Change Due</td>
<li>    <td width="62" style="text-align:right">$ {CHANGE TOTAL}</td>
<li>  </tr>
<li></table>
<C00>T H A N K   Y O U
<l></center></pre>
<l></body>
<l></html>

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<J00>
<li><table width="360" border="0" style="margin-bottom: -50px; border-bottom:solid 1px #BBB; padding:5px">
<li>  <tr>
<li>    <td width="30">{QUANTITY}.</td>
<li>    <td width="263">{NAME}</td>
<li>    <td width="83" style="text-align:right">$ {TOTAL AMOUNT}</td>
<li>  </tr>
<li></table>
<l><div style="text-align:left;">
{ORDER TAGS}
<l></div>

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<li><table width="360" border="0" style="margin-left: 17px; font-size: 13px;margin-top: 19px;margin-bottom: -36px;">
<li>  <tr>
<li>    <td width="45"></td>

<li>    <td width="263">{ORDER TAG NAME}</td>
<li>    <td width="83" style="text-align:right">{PRICE}</td>
<li>  </tr>
<li></table>
2 Likes

Hi, I’m trying to follow this instructions, but in my setup I’m having some issues, can anyone help me???. Please see attached file
Screen Printer Issue.pdf (1.6 MB)

Just pointing out what I see…

Template: Screen Ticket - Idle
Missing:

</head>
<body>

Template: Screen Ticket - Order
Incorrect placement:

</head>

Missing:

<head>

Every Template should have this structure:

<html>
<head>
<script src="live.js#html"></script>
</head>
<body>
ALL YOUR CONTENT HERE
</body>
</html>

Rule: Screen Ticket - OrderTag Changed
The event is for Ticket Tag Selected
It should be for: Order Tagged

For your “idle” screen issue not appearing, add a new Rule for the Event called Ticket Closed.

For other timing issues, did you look at the .js file?

This section is incorrect:

<l><html>
<l></head>
<l><body>

Change it to:

<l><html>
<l><head>
<l></head>
<l><body>

Thanks guys, almost perfect now…

The only issue that has to be fixed now is when I change a quantity or select an order tag, deletes the items from the browser and only displays the one that I have changed the quantity. (slides 7 and 8 of my previous post).

Is there a rule that I’m missing? which event should control this?

Try setting your Print Job Action for Screen Ticket - Order, with Ignore Selected Orders = True, as such …

:exclamation: When changing parameters in an Action, you should remove the Action from your Rules, save the Rule, then re-add the Action to your Rules, and save the Rule again.

If that still doesn’t quite work, make a change to your Template for Screen Ticket - Order, Sort Orders to Last Update Time, as such…

awesome !!! now everything is like silk !!! Thank you guys !!!

One last thing I would like to know if it is possible:

when closing an order (or just after paid), is there any way to display the screen in the web browser for about 10 to 15 sec. before it changes to the idle screen?

Sure, use an Execute Automation Command Action with a Delay to subsequently fire the Execute Print Job Action for “Screen Ticket - Idle”.

Execute Automation Command Action:

Create a Rule for Ticket Closed Event

Put the Execute Automation Command Action in it, while taking note of the AMCname, because you need to match it in the next Rule.

Create a Rule to handle Automation Command Executed:

Set the Rule Constraint so that the Automation Command Name matches the name you entered into the AMCname field in the previous Rule (i.e. the name used as an example was Show Idle Screen).

Put the “Idle” Print Job Action in the Rule.

4 Likes

Done, now everything works as I want to work. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello @abekeris. When it is possible can you post us a small clip to demonstrate how it works? Your setup looks pretty interesting.

1 Like

Here it is…

Customer Display Setup.pdf (918.0 KB)

I think he meant a demo of it working not how you configured it. We are interested to see it in action. How your using it for your business.

1 Like

working on it !!! will be posted soon

This is how my setup looks like:

1. Before we log in the system, we have the “closed” screen

1. Once we log in, screen turns into the idle state

1. We are ready for orders

1. First order in place

1. Ready for next orders

1. We place a second order

1. Screen stays for 4 seconds before going into iddle state

1. We are ready for Payment

1. We do the payment

1. Screen stays for 4 seconds before going to idle

1. We are going to add more things to another order

1. Ready for Payment

1. Stays for 4 sec. before going to iddle

1. Ready for logout

5 Likes

What type of screen are you using? BTW I like your website.

Thanks.

This screens are from my testing environment, those are 23" screens.

Real world in the restaurant the configuration is:

Touch screen computer: Asus ET1612IUTS

Second screen is a 15" 1024x768 4:3 monitor attached to the back of the asus pedestal with an addapted small VESA mount (I have had this monitor for years in my garage !!! but looks great, I will post pictures in another time)

1 Like

I changed the configuration of this computer, now have 4Gb memory and an 120 Gb SSD, also for performance, it is running “windows 7 embedded posready”, but because I cannot find a license provider in order to buy the license, I’m planning to change it to “windows server 2008 std”

1 Like

I love this and may copy this idea. Great job!

Tks, that computer has a nice screen for a POS, the only think I don’t like (is just personal), it has a celeron processor, but with windows 7 embeded posready is performing good, originally came with windows 7 pro and from time to time it got slow, so I decided to change it to the embedded version which use less resources.

1 Like

Well I don’t really need the POS hardware I have a Surface Pro 3 as my POS but I would invest in a monitor for the screen. I like your formatting and how you set it up. It looks nice. PS I noticed your in the USA I see more and more USA businesses adopting SambaPOS that is great. I think we have a huge potential market for it here.