Different default report on v4 & v5

Hi Guys,

Need help here.
I bought the lisence & moved to V5 yesterday. I just realized that the default WORK PERIOD report & ITEM SALES report is a bit different than the default report from V4

on V5’s WORK PERIOD REPORT i couldn’t see the (SETTLED BY USER) report like V4 used to have.
Example on V4:

Settled by Kelvin
Cash 86.95% 8.913.100
Debit card 12.76% 1.308.000
Flash 0.68% 30.000

On the other hand, V5’s ITEM SALES REPORT i couldn’t see the portions that have been sold during the day.
Example on V4:

Kampi Ayam (20) 100.500
.Normal (19) 95.000
.(Go-food) (1) 5.500

I tried to read the custom reports guide & tried to tweak it to show both of this stuff, but i didn’t make it.
Anyone can help me with this?
Or probably someone copy the default report code on V4 so i can use it on V5 (Since i didn’t have the custom report module on V4)

Best,
Kelvin

Default user report is here.

Couldn’t understand the porting thing. Let me check that.

1 Like

I think changing last part of the report like that will do the job.

[Sales:2, 1, 1]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Description,O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True)}

I’ve changed O.MenuItemName with O.Description.

Dear @emre,

The default work period report works great, Thanks!

On the other hand,

[Sales:2, 1, 1]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Description,O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True)}

This USER SALES REPORT code works as well, but it creates different style of reports.

This is preview of the code that you just gave to me.
It’s sort the reports from the largest quantity to smallest quantity

And this is the print out reports from V4.
The portions listed right under the product name (not separated like the previous one)
So it has each product sold totals, and each portions sold totals

And i just realized that in, the “Properties” and “General Information” (void & gift report) also missing on default User Sales report of V5.

Is it close to what you want?

[Sales:5, 2, 2,1]
@{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True):{0}:,}
>{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc,O.PortionName.dcount:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$1":{0}|{1}|{2}::$4>1}
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:[O.MenuItemName]+'.'+[O.PortionName],O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$1"}

Dear @emre

I found another weird issues.
I use this code from Kendash that you gave me for the settled by user report.

[User Sales:1, 1] {REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.User,O.ExactTotal.Sum} @{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.User,P.Amount.Sum::{0}:,} [Settled by $1:1, 1, 1] {REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:(TS.Status=Paid) AND (TU=$1)} >Total Income|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.Sum:(TS.Status=Paid) AND (TU=$1)}

But after i use it yesterday and today, I found huge gap for all of my employees checking out their sales afterwork.
I’m curious, so i printed out the Work Period report on V4 and on V5 (using the code above) and compare them side by side.

On the left side is the report from V4
On the right side is the report from the exact same date but i just print it out using V5 (using the code above)

Please take a look in one of my employees settlement in the red box.
You can see that theres a big differences in both settlement report.
I have no problem with the settlement on V4 on that particular date, so there’s must be some differences in the report code.

I also noticed that couple people also having problems with the current V5’s default report.
Can you please provide us with the default Work Period & Item Sales report code just like in the V4?

On the other hand, This one works great.
The V4’s version report is more cleaner, but this one works functionally well.

[Sales:5, 2, 2,1]
@{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True):{0}:,}
>{REPORT ORDER
DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc,O.PortionName.dcount:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$1":{0}|{1}|{2}::$4>1}
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:[O.MenuItemName]+'.'+[O.PortionName],O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName="$1"}

It looks like its only Cash Payment Type thats messed up. So we need to find out why.

Version 4 was not coded the same it was Hard Coded reports. So he cannot just provide Report Code for it. The report Syntax we are using in Version 5 didnt even exist when Version 4 reports were made.

Thank you for showing this it helps us improve it. At this point we need to figure out if its something to do with your configuration causing it or if its something missing from the Report Tags. But it looks like Cash Payment type is the only one affected unless there is more that your not showing cuttoff at bottom of report that we cant see.

PS: I think we should move on from Version 4 and instead of trying to make version 5 the same lets improve it. I mean we can try to match reports the same but why do that? Lets improve them and make them even better. Version 5 reports are made so you can customize them how you want.

One thing I spot is the User Sales are the same between both reports. Settled By is different for Cash. So I am wondering if its showing original creator of ticket and not the user that settled. I will look at it closer and let you know what I find.

This is not related but it kind of is. I find it odd that people used version 4 and constantly complained because they could not change the reports and wanted something different. Version 5 it seems people want the old reports and now that they have ability to change them they are reluctant and want the old reports back lol.

Its great to notice these things though it helps us improve V5 report syntax so thank you for reporting the issue.

@emre I see what has happened here. There is a mistake with the report. Its showing Settled by whoever created the ticket. So I tried changing it as follows:

[User Sales:1, 1]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.User,O.ExactTotal.Sum}
@{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.User::{0}:,}
[Settled by $1:1, 1, 1]
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:(TS.Status=Paid) AND P.User == "$1"}
>Total Income|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.Sum:(TS.Status=Paid) AND P.User == "$1"}

That syntax doesnt work. I understand P.User is not an actual Column so you must have coded that to work. If I use this it works but obviously our template is messed up then.

@{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.UserId::{0}:,}
[Settled by $1:1, 1, 1,1]
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:(TS.Status=Paid) AND P.UserId == $1}
>Total Income|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.Sum:(TS.Status=Paid) AND P.UserId == $1}

So for this to be accurate I think you need to do something for us unless I am missing some syntax?

Dear @Jesse

Apparently it’s not only the Cash Payment Type that messed up.
On the picture we can see that the Flazz payment is not showing up on the V5 report code.

When i settled all the payment for the work today, i also saw that the debit cards & credit cards settlement are also messed up beside the cash payment.
Almost all the settlement is way less than the actual settlement (real cash / debit / credit counting is way more than the numbers from the report).

I explained the issue, hopefully Emre can provide some tools to make it work.

This will give you the numbers but it wont be formatted the same until Emre can look at this.

[Settled by Report:1, 1, 1, 1]

>User|Payment Type|Percent|Amount

{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.User,P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:(TS.Status=Paid)}

EDIT: Ok ignore this post Emre posted solution below.

Yeah that was close :slight_smile: Can you try this one?

@{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.User,P.Amount.Sum::{0}:,} 
[Settled by $1:1, 1, 1] 
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:(PU=$1)} 
>Total Income|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.Sum:(PU=$1)}

PS: I don’t think it is needed to check Ticket’s Paid state. Even ticket is half paid payment should appear here.

1 Like

Wow did I miss PU= somewhere? lol

That works perfectly.

1 Like

Seems like PU doesn’t appear in documentation. I’ve added it.

1 Like

It was probably discussed in one of our long discussions in past and I probably forgot or missed it.

Your absolutely correct. I changed my original thread that you referenced too as well to reflect this report syntax.

1 Like

Dear @emre & Kendash

Thank you, the last code that you’ve provided works brilliantly.
I’m sure it’ll be useful for another user as well. =)

Regards,
Kelvin

1 Like