Expenses and Payouts - Method K:Tip Transactions

You will if you enable batch create

no, it did not appear…

G.

The mappings for transaction type have to be setup right for it to work. I listed mine above look at those to see if yours are right.

Hi @Jesse,
I try to add to to sales accounts -> Tip. But I don’t want to go back to tickets and add tip to them. How can I add total tip (credit card only, cash is uncontrolled) to account? Can I do it from account screen?
Thank you,

You can make any type of account transaction you want. Just keep in mind if you do it ONLY from account screen you will not be able to tie it in with a ticket.

Basically you can open the transaction for that ticket and add a line… adding the tip… but it will not show on ticket when you open the ticket.

If you do not mind the fact that it will not show with the ticket if you pull the ticket up… Then yes you can make a transaction in accounting for tips. You should make a transaction in your Payment account and receivables as well to reflect it correctly.

The only way for it to show on the ticket… is to actually do it from the ticket.

@Jesse

In my restaurant, each waiter receives the tip of the ticket he opened and closed (I am limiting one ticket per user). How can I make the tip to be automatically assigned to each waiter?

Hmm interesting question. I have not tried that but I am sure we could figure it out.

I was thinking to map the Employees in the accounts with each user, but I am not sure how to do that…

I am thinking you would definitely need to define Employee’s as Entities. We can work with Entities to do a lot of stuff. You can link Entities to Users fairly easily.

I created the Entity Type Employee, which have Name (String) and PIN (Number)

Then I added the entities for each user I have, with the same Name and PIN.

What should I do next?

I am thinking in adding a field that is Tip to each entity Employee, then every time a paid is made the real Tip value will be copy in that field of the entity Employee. But I don´t know how to handle the case when they get paid, because is not that simple as setting it in 0 because they get paid in cash some times and with card other times.

And I have trying to change info of a field of the entity with an action it is not working for me ( I created the automation command, the rule and the action which is Update Entity Data type)

I am not going to dive into this just yet. But some things that might be useful is the Create Account Transaction and Create Account Transaction Document actions. You could store tip amount as a ticket tag… assign the Employee Entity to show up in the tag. Can read the tag and tag value to create the account transactions and documents.

I remembered I’ve recently added a feature for 4.1.68 to map calculation accounts to entity accounts. So if we’ll write tips to directly employee accounts, setting calculation transaction type’s source account type as employee accounts and leaving default account as empty will be enough. Calculation will automatically read the entity account if entity type’s account type is same. It works like how payment transactions maps to payment accounts.

1 Like

Thank you @emre

I made this:

What am I missing? Or that wasn´t what you meant?

For tip transaction Source Type will be Employees Account and Target Type will be Receivables. Default target will be also Receivables.

Untick Toggle Calculation for calculation type.

Additionally you need an employee entity type, entity type’s account type will be Employees Account and you should map that entity type to ticket type.

You’ll create employee entities for each employee and map their accounts.

At the end of it when you select an employee for ticket tip calculation will be added to employee’s mapped account.

Thank you @emre

I did almost everything. I had the Employee Entity Type, and their Account Type is the Employees Account.

How do I map that Entity Type to Ticket Type? And then how do I map each entity employee entity with their accounts?

I think I found it here:

But how can I do to map automatically the actual user with that entity? Because I would not like to ask the user to choose if it´s him, because it can end in confusions.

I am also considering this option (with Action and Rule):

But is not working…

To link Users and Employee Entities you must ensure the Entities and Users names match exactly. When that user logs in the rule you made above will assign the Entity with that user to the ticket. What it is doing is its reading the name of the Current User and inserting that as Entity Name.

Your action in your rule needs to have {:CURRENTUSER} in the Entity Name box not the constraint box.

Great! Thank you very much @Jesse

How can I save the information to save it and visualize it in the reports? Because I noticed that after each Work Period everything starts from 0 in the Accounts.

You can set your account screens to view all and not just work period. Look at Filter Type in Account Screens.