[FIGURED OUT]Multiple Account Transactions of same Account Type

I don’t think you need tax expenses accounts. You can use tax accounts listed under sales accounts so you won’t need mirroring.

I see what your saying… let me try that and see how it looks.

It does not work… it adds to the Credit portion of taxes under sales… and if i try to make it not use a source account it crashes. If i use the tax accounts listed under sales then it messes with receivables and makes it not accurate…

I just tested if I could create a transaction that does not use a source and use an action to deposit a fixed amount into it…

The action will not execute if the transaction does not have a source. It would work beautifully if the action would execute the document and deposit an amount without a source.

OK let me post a sample shortly.

I’ve done it before (NULL Source). I need to take a look at an early implementation of my GC system and get back to you.

I can manually add a line to transaction to make it enter a fixed amount… so it should be possible but the action will not execute the same. Its almost as if the action is set to look for a source if it doesnt have a source it wont create the transaction line.

Interesting… It let me manually add the line to the transaction to deposit the amount… it worked amount showed in correct account etc… but when i went back in to erase the line the program crashed

It’s here somewhere, above this post:

:stuck_out_tongue:

not sure where the crash came from… i reloaded and went back in to accounts/transactions and it let me edit and delete the line without a crash. Everything is working fine now…except the action/rule will not allow a transaction to be made if I have source blank. If it would allow that and I could get the printer tag line to pull the right taxes it would work flawlessly

Let me share my idea. I hope to feature most useful topics discussed here so you can construct your own setup.

This is my current quick setup. I owe 62.76 to gov and paid nothing.

We have a Tax Payment Button. Clicking it will let me pay taxes. I’ll pay 5 to queen and 40 to state.

This is the result.

This is the current state of the database.

data41.zip (119.6 KB)

Now you may say you don’t pay %100 of your tax. For example %50 of Queen tax and %70 of state tax.

If it is the case let me fix that printer template tag issue and create a sample for it too.

1 Like

Ok that looks like it may work. I see that it does not affect receivables… and the taxes still get moved into receivables. I am going to take a break for hour or so and ill be back to try that implementation. Just initial looking at it… looks like its what I wanted.

So I should move taxes out of sales accounts and move money from the taxes account. By moving them out of sales it doesnt affect receivables anymore.

If that setup works for you I can also demonstrate how to create an additional transaction to decrease tax payment from cash.

For example

See how it also decreased Cash account. Tax Payment Transaction document generates multiple transactions in this case.

This is the next state of database so you can compare differences.

data41.zip (122.8 KB)

1 Like

This works great Thank YOU!!! Took me a bit to get in my head the structure because it almost looks backwards when looking at it. But I got it to work.

I guess I am confused. I can make it work with buttons that are accessed when clicking account details… but i cannot get a button to appear on the general tab and work

Got it to work!!! finally i learned a ton from this about how Samba works so sorry to bother you so much.

Think I might right up the process I did and why someone else might find it useful.

2 Likes

Fantastic @Jesse! Write it up! Call it Expenses and Payouts - Method K :wink:

1 Like

+1 for Expenses and Payouts - Method K

2 Likes

I will write it up as a Tutorial once I get more time. I am spending most of my time simply trying to understand the environment so I can implement things into my business. My goal with accounting is to keep as much of my business operations on ONE screen as possible for simplicity and for less overhead. My hopes is when I am done I can almost have a fully integrated accounting system within this program. If i can achieve that the next thing I would like is the customizable reports I could build from the accounting screen that I could pull and prepare for my Accountant that handles my records.

I could handle all of my records myself especially with a fully integrated accounting system however I prefer the professional route simply for legal reasons. But I am hoping this system when finished will make my Accountants time spent less and save me costs with my accounting.

1 Like