How to add tips to ticket

@ dcarey I would like to know how to do that too! Have you found out yet?

Hi guys,

With this Tip setup I would like some things to be improved but I don’t know how to do it myself

1: it seems that Tips will be printed through the Discount line

[DISCOUNTS]
{CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

This causes some problems because on the docket it will print e.g.

Discount %10 -5.5
Tip %22 22

How do I get rid of the “%22” on the Tip line?

2: How can I assign a waiter to each Tip for the reports? I know how to display a user on the ticket with {USER NAME} but how to allocation a certain User to a Tip in reports?
Think of it like a little friendly competition for the staff (as long as they do not hassle the guests) for who receives the most and is most liked by the customers.

3: If I add a Tip and then return to the ordering screen it will say at the bottom

Ticket Total:
Tip
Tax Total:

How can I get the Tip text to align with the Ticket Total and Tax Total? and also have a “:” after it ?

4: How do I stop the Tips being added to the Tax at the end of the docket? (It should be included in total but not tax) Is that even possible?

Thanks again for the help in advance!

Try enabling Include Tax setting for tip calculation type.

No, that does not work as its just added to the Total of the Bill with out reference to the Tip i.e. there is not Tip line any more if I tick the “Tax Include” option

Well… OK. So the question is Why Tip line does not appears? Maybe you made a mistake while preparing your printer template. Can you please post a screen shot of your whole printer template?

1.) It seems that Tips will be printed through the Discount line

[DISCOUNTS] {CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

This causes some problems because on the docket it will print e.g.

Discount %12 -3.72
Tip %99 99

How do I get rid of the “%99” on the Tip line yet still keep the Discount in place? See images below

2.) In this country tips are not taxed. **How do I stop Tips being counted towards tax?** If I enable "Include Tax" setting for tip calculation type the Tip line for some reason will not be printed anymore ...?

3.) How can I get the Tip text to align with the Ticket Total and Tax Total? There is no spacing before it in the setup. See image below

4.) Is it possible to assign a waiter to each Tip for the reports? I know how to display a user on the ticket with {USER NAME} but how to allocation a certain User to a Tip in reports? Think of it like a little friendly competition between the staff and a way of increasing productivity (as long as they do not hassle the guests).

Enable Tax Included setting for Tip Calculation and add [SERVICES] section inside your template.

For example

1 Like

@ Emre Your the BEST !!!

Hello,

@emre Thank you for your tutorial, I’ve implemented it and it’s working well.
I would like to track tips buy user, how can I do it?

I’m thinking about using a product as tips with a tips group code, but do you have a better solution?

2 Likes

Was this question addressed? I am not familiar with creating User Based reports.

I am trying to get the tips to reflect for this user report. Any thoughts on what I need to correct?
I have tips setup as per the tutorials, as a servicing charge transaction under Calculation Type.

Any help would be appreciated.

It should be formatted as :

{REPORT CALCULATION TOTAL:(CT=TIP) AND (TU={SETTING:CURRENTUSER})}

You can find more info here.

http://sambapos.com/wiki/doku.php?id=custom_reporting_tags

1 Like

Hi Emre,

I tried adding the line you suggested, but the Tip total didnt appear.

Is there a way to show the Tip amount per transaction AND the Tip Total?

1 Like

That assumes your calculation type named as TIP. If it is something else you should change CT=TIP part. (CT stands for Calculation Type). Also names are case sensitive so if template named as Tip, referencing it as TIP won’t work.

2 Likes

Beautiful! That was it, I needed to change TIP to Tip. Doh! Now I need to figure out a way to pull Tip per transaction as well. Well start playing with the report. Thanks Emre!

Hello,

This can be done in percent? Let’s say 10% ?

Thanks.

Yes it can but can you explain more of what you need?

PS your answer is also in this same post where someone already asked the same question.

I have something created…

1 Like

When it calculated by rate we generally call that Servicing Amount. Tip generally determined by customer and it is a fixed amount so I’ve demonstrated that. Of course you can implement same thing by using rates.

1 Like

can be used for TIPS: