How to create 2 separate screen for Orders: Drink & Food

normally in restaurant drinks come first and food is served later…so i want to know how can i display the drinks separately in drink corner on drink screen and food order in kitchen on kitchen screen

is it possible? how?

thnks in advance

KitchenDisplaySetup.zip (2.2 KB)

You can clone the Kitchen Entity Screen and name it ‘Drinks’ for the Drinks screen. Then amend the template to display food for Kitchen and Drinks for Bar.

Below is an example - I have grouped Drinks first and then food, In My example I have one screen.

to do this I Grouped the product using numbers

Used number 10 for the Drinks and 20 for the food in my example.

Edited Kitchen Template

2 Likes

thanks for step by step response

how do i clone the kitchen entity…dont see any option of clone when i enter in design mode?

Step 1: Select Entities,

Step 2: Rename to drinks or something else

Step 3: navigate to the POS for the entity screens. Selct Required Entity screen (i.e Kitchen or Drinks)
Right Mouse clik to get the design option

Step 4- right Mouse click for the settings

step 5- Change the required settings under FORMAT box

that was a great help…but as u mentioned i made the clone of kitchen then under DRinks setting i am trying to edit the template:

[ORDERS GROUP][PRODUCT GROUP]
*DRINKS
[ORDERs GROUP:10]

but when i make a order i still see the same kitchen order screen:

as i mentioned i want to show food order under kitchen and drinks at drink corner

@emre, is it possible to ONLY display specific items/products from the order ticket?
I have been testing and can only group the items.

@morshed : so this means i will get same order for kitchen and drinks but can only group them like all drinks first thn food thn desert etc.

how abt the order ready button how will i clear the drink order from drink order screen only? where do i need to define the rule to clear order from drink but not from kitchen screen.

one more thing as you mentioned i need to categorise product by assign code to them so when under menu i will be use the same code to map thm for example:

product:
drinks 10
food 20
desert 30

thn on menu :
drinks — 10
appetiser — 20
kebab — 20
desert — 30

For below, clarification is required from @emre and @JohnS. because in my test I have not been able to split the product grup for different screens for a order ticket.

No, don’t use code under Manu Categories because it will be very difficult for user to identify the products. In my example I have placed product listed under 10 in Breakfast and 20 in Beverages.

i meant

menu i will be use the same code to map thm for example:

product:
drinks 10 (group code)
food 20
desert 30

thn defining menu :
drinks — 10 (use this group code from product-----for mapping )
appetiser — 20
kebab — 20
desert — 30

@madiha, yes, that’s correct

@morshed1 thanks for the little tutorial. What is that ticket preview thing in yellow?

ahh… found it. Ticket Lister widget.

Hello. Since we can filter by product group at Print Job level printer templates does not have Filter by Product Group feature but I’ll check if I can implement something simple…

ok thnks so for time being receipt will be issued by filtering product but what abt the order ready button can i set a rule to print by product code if so then how

@madiha I’m sorry English is not my native language so can you please write it clearer?

english is not my ntive language too …anyways i was asking when we will print a receipt for kitchen and drinks there we can set the filter for drink and food. is this what you were trying to tell me

@emre “Since we can filter by product group at Print Job level printer templates does not have Filter by Product Group feature”

Yes we’re using Print Jobs to map products to printers. Read this tutorial for more information.

@emre but how do i separate the order ready action as i made a clone of kitchen entity.

if i press order ready on kithcen or drink screen
both get clear …which shouldnt happen

how do i set this?

secondly my kitchen and drink print are not working… i try to follow ur tutorial steps
wntd to ask under automation commands the order ready doesnot have any mapping

do i need to add anythng there?

@madiha To be able to do what you are requesting order based service status tracking needed. If you review kitchen display sample configuration that supports course tracking you’ll get the idea. It supports tagging orders by course and displays separate widgets for each course. I think you can modify it to automatically tag orders by department to make them appear in their own widgets.

I know this is a little hard to configure custom SambaPOS features for new users. You need to understand how automation, ticket lister widget and state tracking works and we are still lack of documentation. I’ll solve that…

I WILL WORK ON THAT AND WILL TRY TO LEARN

MEANWHILE CAN I KNOW HOW TO MAKE CHANGES IN ORDER READY BUTTON ?

AS SHOWN ABOVE I SELECTED A TABLE IN DRINKS AND PRESS BUTTON ORDER READY IT REMOVE THE TABLE FROM DRINKS SCREEN AND KITCHEN SCREEN

HOW DO I MAKE IT TO CLEAR FROM DRINKS ONLY NOT FROM KITCHEN

Hi there, I have tried using the template specified higher up in the is trail.
Issue is, when I do :-
[ORDERS GROUP|PRODUCT GROUP]
[ORDERS GROUP:Beers]

If I enter 3 items in the ticket from “Beers”, I only get the first item listed. Ie: 1 X Becks 1X Fosters 1XHeineken … Result :“1 X Becks” listed in the ticket.

Any ideas?