How to print {ORDER TAGS} independently from {ORDERS}?

The above code gives me the bottom label sticker. If I don’t put *{ORDER TAG NAME} in quotation marks, then it will give me the top label sticker:

You’ll see how tags (such as {ORDERS}) expands, you can easily see what you’re sending to printer and how you should structure your template.

From what I see the problem is your printer code. It continue printing on same line even it end of line
What exactly 38,0,3,1,1,N?

Maybe one of 1s in printer code is telling printer to print on first line?

Here are my processes for printing to a demo printer:

1. Choose demo printer (instead of the label printer) and save:

2. Type this code into printer template:

1. Created a test order:

2. This is what pops up on the notepad (demo printer):

I’m not sure what I should get from this output.

What if you don’t put any formatting code?
Try that to see if it print new line correctly

That output is exactly what it is sending to your printer… so you need to look at it and see if that is correct.

As you can see it is not putting any formatting for whipped cream and whipped cream is also in same quotations as caramel frappe which I am sure is wrong.

So according to that output you should probably try something like this:

N
q457
Q152,15
S1
D10
ZB
A15,8,0,1,1,1,N,"Ticket#:{TICKET NO}              {DATE} @{TIME}"
LE15,26,450,2
{ORDERS}
LE15,115,450,2
A15,125,0,1,1,1,N,"Guest:{NOTE}             Item #: x of {TICKET QUANTITY SUM}"
P1,1

[ORDERS]
A15,38,0,3,1,1,N,"{PRODUCT NAME}"
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDER TAGS]
A15,68,0,3,1,1,N,"* {ORDER TAG NAME}"
1 Like

From that output what I’m quickly noticing is Caramel Frappe and whipped cream lines are in a single quote sequence and there are no commands for whipped cream line. So instead of entering a command for {ORDERS} tag you can try setting up commands individually under [ORDERS] section in front of {PRODUCT NAME} tag. If you do the same for {ORDER TAG NAME} tag they’ll appear with commands and they’ll stay in individual quotes.

I mean it looks like you need an output like

x,y,z,"Product A"
j,k,l,"* Order Tag 1"

@Jesse imho there should be no commands in front of listing tags (eg {ORDERS}) and they should be setup individually under sections.

something like…

Edit: @Jesse sampled it better on his previous reply.

1 Like

Try what I posted just now. I think that should work.

@emre Sorry was kind of chopping it together lol.

EDIT: Try copy paste exactly what I just put in the post above I just edited it.

1 Like

The format is as followed per EPL programming guide:
A: this is the command to render ASCII text string (there are many codes that do different things, but none th at says start new line. I have a copy of the EPL programming guide here with me)
15: horizontal start position in dots (x-position)
38: vertical start position in dots (y-position)
0: rotation of characters (0, 90, 180, 270 degrees)
3: font selection (value of 3 means 10pt font size)
1: horizontal multiplier (expands the text horizontally)
1: vertical multiplier (expands the text vertically)
N: reverse image (N value means normal, R value means reverse image–>print white letters in black box)

Didn’t he tried this already?

[ORDER TAGS]
A15,38,0,3,1,1,N,“* {ORDER TAG NAME}”

@sukasem as his {ORDERS} tag was also in quotes that probably produced invalid quote structure. That’s why I’ve requested to see a demo printer output.

1 Like

@aznwonderboy can you please try what @Jesse posted here and share your results with us?

please note you should still need to adjust command parameters accordingly as we just copy pasted your commands to let you understand where you input your barcode printer commands.

PS: Sorry it is a little hard to produce exact template from command definitions without testing it physically with a printer :wink:

I edited it with a guess on your codes for the positioning. I have no idea where that puts it… I dont have the printer to test it.

This is exactly what I did. We’re getting closer, but there’s still a problem. When there are multiple order tags (modifiers), it only prints one.
Here is what I did:

1. Create order of Mocha Frappe with 3 modifiers:

2. This is what it printed in notepad (demo printer):

3. This is what the Zebra label printer printed:

It seems like only the last modifier was included. The other 2 disappeared because they were coded on the same line (same x and y position)

So what if you do not include that code at all what does it do? I mean use a 0 for the order tag line only.

If I don’t include a command line A15,65,0,3,1,1,N,in front of “{ORDER TAG NAME}”, then it won’t print the order tags.

I mean what if you do this:

A15,0,0,3,1,1,N,in front of "{ORDER TAG NAME}"

try this change.

[ORDERS]
A15,38,0,3,1,1,N,"{PRODUCT NAME}"
A15,68,0,3,1,1,N,"{ORDER TAGS}"

[ORDER TAGS]
* {ORDER TAG NAME}\n

That will resolve to

"*whipped cream\n
*extra espresso\n
*sub almond milk\n"

and I expect it to break \n to new lines.

if \n does not break to a new line you should find related EPL command to create a new line.

[quote]A15,0,0,3,1,1,N,in front of “{ORDER TAG NAME}”[/quote] does not print the tags at all.

However, this code:

gives me this:

All the tags showed up, but when the line gets too long the words overlap on the same line. It doesn’t go down to the next line.