Kitchen Display Setup

Or maybe is possible to make orders group in the Ticket Lister like in the Ticket entry screen.!

1 Like

You can make orders group yes. Look here.

I don´t understood.
Based in my last post, something like this is possible?

Hi @emre,

In a Ticket Lister, I tried to use {TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status} tag to filter tickets and show only tickets with last status >= 10. I set the Expression field: {TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status}>=10 but the lister not show anything. Also I tried to set the Filter field with the same expression but nothing.
What is the correct expression or equivalence to show only tickets with more than n minutes?

try '{TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status}' > '10'

Where are you putting this filter?

Hi @kendash
I tried with ‘{TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status}’ > ‘10’ and {TICKET STATE MINUTES:Status} > 10 but nothing.
I put in a Ticket Lister in the Expression parameter and in the Filter parameter. Both with the same result. The Ticket Lister show in blank.
I also tried with the Order Filter parameter putting {ORDER STATE MINUTES:KStatus}>=10 and this work very well. But I want filter the Ticket and not the orders.

Using {ORDER STATE MINUTES:KStatus} and not the {TICKET STATE MINUTES:KStatus }, I got that my kitchen screen look like I wanted.
I could be separated by time the tickets to highlight the most backward in kitchen .

In my example, the tickets with more that 15 minutes show it in red color.
Well, to close the tickets in kitchen i don’t want a traditional button.
Update…
I modified the procedure to show a message to decide if release the ticket or not after select it in the Ticket Lister.
The message work very well but I want to show the Table Number in the text of the question, but I don´t know how can I do it.
I tried using {ENTINTY NAME:Table} but nothing in the
In the next picture I show mi idea. Anybody could say me how can I do that?

2 Likes

You have to load that entity first. You are not inside a ticket. use load entity action put I in same rule as your question put it before the question action.

Why not just use a command button vs an ask question?

I tried to follow your recommendation but I don’t get results. See next picture.
Please, I need that you explain me about the Load Entity Action, or how can I set the parameters?

To show red Tickets I use 2 Ticket Lister. I don’t want to show 2 buttons to release the Ticket (one by Ticket Lister). Then, if I show an Ask Question message, the users simply select the ticket (in any Ticket Lister) and then checked if they really want release it. For me are more intuitive.

Another problem that I have is: when show the tickets in the Ticket Lister. The tickets don’t show after pass the first minute. This situation are because the {ORDER STATE MINUTES:KStatus} don’t have values from 0 to 1 minutes.
I tried to set the filter like ‘{ORDER STATE MINUTES:KStatus}’==’’ or like {ORDER STATE MINUTES:KStatus}==NULL or {ORDER STATE MINUTES:KStatus} + 1 <= 15 but nothing.
If you have any idea , I’d appreciate it.

i edited order ready rule, and afterward i edited it back to original

1. Load Ticket
  2. update ticket status
    3)update order status
  3. close ticket

and do default mapping and now the order ready button in kitchen entity screen stopped working.

help pls.
i was only testing something else

solved, there is more constraint to set under each selected action. cool learnt something new

Hi John,
I have sambapos 4.172 and sql server 2012 express. I imported the KitchenDisplayUpdate.txt, I see Kitchen screen, but nothing appears on this screen when I created new orders/tickets.

What could go wrong, please advise.

Thanks

Hi, I am interested to have separate kitchen screen. May I know how do I setup the hardware? Can I just have one POS PC connecting to 2 screens? One for the cashier and one for the kitchen chef. Thanks.
Appreciate your sharing.

3 Likes

Hi Emre, JohnS,
I have installed SambaPOS and running on SQL server 2014 and SambaPOS build 4182.
Very professional and I’m new with Sambapos
I have tried everything to convert the Database Kitchen Display V2 as i would need a Kitchen display to continue.
Can someone help me out to convert this to the latest version or explain me what to do as i’m spending last 4 day’s to get this running.
Thanks Peter

You can download db tools export file for kitchen display from here
http://forum.sambapos.com/t/kitchen-display-v2-courses-seats/1495

Hi pizzaeilat4, thanks for the quick reply.
Great will try this. only how do I export or import the KitchenV2_Full.bak
Let me look of I can use SQL Server 2014 Import / Export tool for this.
Peter

No.sorry this is not An database tools export file
This is a backup full database to demonstrate how it’s working
I will upload shortly an export file for you.
You can install it using database tools module.
You need to install this module from sambamarket.

1 Like

Thanks, really appreciated,
I hope I can change our existing POS system (Made in Vietnam) and full of bugs soon for SambaPOS
waiting on your export file and instructions.

Here is the file i found it above on this topic
http://forum.sambapos.com/uploads/default/original/3X/e/5/e594ef156309a95fa7bb2b87741af4a163f9626f.zip

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for the great help. The tool works perfect and worth the money. Now I can move on.
All imported and working.
Just one question, can I extend the Kitchen screen on a second screen connected to the computer.
Peter

Here is a much simpler tutorial for basic kitchen display. Since you are new I recommend following this and setting it up via the tutorial instead of downloading a file. This will get you familiar with the software and how it works.

3 Likes