Kitchen Display Setup

@madiha you can use Kitchen Database as a reference to make your own kitchen display on your production database. The error message you are receiving is not related with database. Message server is useful for synchronizing table displays across terminals. “Message server not connected” message does not mean “database not connected”. If you login SambaPOS database is connected.

You are receiving error because message server is already running. Look for the red apple icon at system tray and close it before re-starting it.

oh but i am a new user how woud i know what steps have you taken to make a kitchen display!!!

can i juz use the kitchen db as production db as i am at initial stage!!

i am still in a process to get my hands on the system & its workflow

HI @JohnS, I was playing with ‘Kitchen Display Setup’. I have come across following behaviour. if a ticket is settled or the items on the ticket is voided before selecting ‘Order ready’ option, Tickets will remain in the kitchen Display screen. Basically you MUST click on ‘Order Ready’ before voiding or settling the ticket.

My understanding is that if a ticket is settled or voided then it should also clear from the Kitchen screen.

In below example, I have two tickets which have been settled or voided but tickets still remains under Kitchen display screen.

The only way to clear the tickets now is to use the Clear Database Transaction option from the Database tools.

The workflow does not support paying a ticket before it is ready. When voiding all items the ticket Kitchen status is still set to preparing but the ticket is closed.

The Payment Check rule ( the one that closes a ticket when remaking amount = 0) is the cause.

Putting a condition in this rule so it only closes a ticket when kitchen status is empty (null) should fix it.

I am having the same issue of tickets not being removed when voided - could you clarify what I need to change in order for this to happen?

I know I need to do the following but could you give a step by step guide for those that don’t fully understand :slight_smile: thanks

I have made the following changes to the Kitchen Display
1… If all items are marked as Void, the ticket will close fully from all entity screens
2… Tickets can be paid for and still can be processed via Kitchen Entity screen. Ticket is fully closed once Delivered
3… Updated the Delivered Automation Button to only show when orders are ready

Test first before importing to a production database as there has been a few changes.

KitchenDisplayUpdate.zip (2.3 KB)

PS - If you have duplicate Rule Names, remove the Rules ending in (K)

2 Likes

Hi @JohnS, is there any chance that the kitchen display is filtered by venue?

Thanks!!!

@gerlandog since everybody have different venue setups releasing a solution that fits everyone won’t be possible. You can easily implement this for yourself. You can modify widgets to display tickets that created on a specific department or that have a specific ticket type.

The values you need to know is the department or ticket type ids. Check Departments or TicketTypes tables for Id numbers. If the department id is 2 you can edit ticket lister widget settings to filter out other tickets by typing DepartmentId is 2 expression or TicketTypeId is 2. You can find a sample here:

1 Like

OK!!! thanks!!! I will give it a try now!!!

G.

Dear @Emre and @John,

using

DepartmentId is 2

WORKED GREAT!!!

THANKS A LOT!!!

G.

Updated and all is great :slight_smile: had to change state colours and alter a couple of cloned rules and the delivered button was mapped twice because I had customised original mapping. other than that no problems so far.

Thanks so much - I am so pleased with how everything is working in our setup in the UK

@gerlandog, sorry if you felt a bit left out. It’s been really busy here as you may have guessed by my absence.

As @emre stated, everyone’s config is slightly different and I hadn’t found a simple solution to help split the departments, but with some of the latest changes especially with the Ticket Widget, it now is a lot easier without modifying a heap of rules.

This is why SambaPOS is developed using real world scenarios, so little improvements can have a bigger overall impact and it helps create a stepping stone to more widely usable features.

1 Like

Thanks @John, I managed to make it work in both venues with your configuration and @emre help with the filter!!!

You dont have to apologize!!!

Now a simple question… what happens if I have this situation…

Table makes an order, waiter takes the order and kitchen does not clickin order ready… and I dont clikc in delivered button… but i want (and this is imperative) to settle the table… is there any way to make the settle button to override all states?

Thanks!!!

G

UPDATE:
would this do the trick?

1 Like

Ive noticed that since updating my ‘Has reservation’ changing state is not updating… too tired to look into it now … but before I do … was wonerding if it was something beyond me :slight_smile: … thanks as always

@gerlandog, yes that should work.

@windinghouse, it could be a clash between Rules. If you step through your Reservation setup, the issue should be obvious - it may even be a Condition in a Rule that’s the problem.

@JohnS, Thanks John - I have gone through this and now resolved - learning more everyday about how it all works - Keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

I have one more issue - when I have 2 tickets on the same order . Once the process of 1st ticket marked as ready on Kitchen entity screen and then the waitress marks as delivered the Status updates as expected to Unpaid & Delivered. This shows as the case on both of the tickets as expected. However once I merge the 2 tickets to then provide the final bill and to settle - the status changes to New and Preparing and therefore will not close the ticket. please help :slight_smile:

Many Thanks as always

Rob

I will add one more complexity to this…
The field ORDER FILTER is ment to filter each line of orders? for example, could we add an expression to filter all orders that should go to the kitchen and not display the ones that should go to the bar?

THANKS!!!

G.

Hello Everyone,

Could be a silly question, but I will ask it anyway. I am trying to have two buttons instead of the “ORDER READY” button on the kitchen screen. Intention is to have the workflow to include :-

1. Entree Ready
  2. Mains Read
  3. ORDER COMPLETE

Any guidance on the correct way to achieve this is much appreciated.