New To Samba (Table Questions)

You do not have to use all of the available options for that action. I would probably just use the Order State since that is all your dealing with.

so for ordertag value i would put the order state correct?

Did you update to latest version of SambaPOS

hmmmm you know what i dont think so… i havent been on here in a few days so i guess i missed that … ill try that now.

1 Like

Ok this is what I have so far… Its not working… I think something is wrong with my Rule… I want to get the ticket splitting correctly first then ill work on getting it to tag correctly.

Automation Command

Action

Rule

You have nothing in your automation command button to tell it what [:CommandValue] is. So CommandValue is nothing right now. Add your seats to Value in your button just like you did for your assign seat button. But I do not think this is the right approach… it would be manual… we need it automated. So you would not use CommandValue for Seat Number. Instead use {ORDER STATE:SStatus} But I do not think we can just insert that.

Ah I see now… Yes it is manual right now… and your right on… What i want it it to be automated splits. If not CommandValue for Seat Number what would i need?

I am thinking we need a Move Seats action for EVERY seat… you can use the same action. Seat Number should be {ORDER STATE:SStatus} and then put a constraint on each one like '{ORDER STATE:SStatus}' is 'Seat 1' etc

The SAME rule needs a Change Entity Type action to Change it to same Table. you can do it using a variable for Entity name and call it with [:EntityName]

Once again I do not know if those are correct syntax im trying to give you ideas to try. You may need to put a separate Change Ticket entity action after every Move Orders action… i am not sure.

From my experience when using Clone Ticket or Move orders if you want to define the type of ticket or Entity on the new ticket you put an action to do that in the same rule that clones or moves the orders… you put it directly after the move or clone orders action.

Bottom line is that its going to be tricky to get this down in 1 button press… but I think we can do it.

Couldnt I just keep the same action i have and just create a rule for each Seat and just set the name of the seat in the rule instead of CommandValue?

You can… i was trying to reduce rules… and just use one rule with multiple actions. It might be easier to use separate rules tho. You can ensure it creates multiple tickets for each state this way.

Good luck I am going to bed. Let me know how it turns out!

Ok… Im still learning so im trying many different things just to get an idea of how to works. I really appreciate the help… and im more than willing to try different things if i can figure out how to do them haha!

The best way to learn is to break things… do not be afraid to break things :stuck_out_tongue: Just backup regularly :stuck_out_tongue:

oh im not afraid of breaking things… this is all testing before i start to configure the system that will be Live… Right now everything is in a VM so there are many many many checkpoints! hahah… if i mess up… i can just do a quick revert!

1 Like

Since I am Doing this by Seperate Rules instead of Actions… Could I also use a Update ticket tag Action and set the seat number in the Rule to tag the ticket when they are Split?

Ok so i got all the orders to split up… now im trying to figureout how to tag each order based on the seat… but im not quite sure how… Anybody got any ideas?

If I haven’t missed anything, you are defining the Seat Number as a Seat State, correct?

In answer to your question…

Do you mean an Order Tag? There is an Action for Tag Order.

Or a Seat State? When you split, does the Seat Status not stick to the Order?

Or do you mean Ticket Tag? If you want to tag the entire Ticket with the Seat State, there is also an Action for setting the Ticket Tag… for the Tag Value, you might use Seat State. Yould put this action in the same Rule that you are using to do the split.

I think it needs to be a ticket tag so that it can show up on this screen… see how it has the seat number. I manually added a ticket tag to test and it works like that but i need it to automatically do it when i choose my button to split the guests.

Anyone have any other ideas on how to get this ticket tag to work when i split/move the orders based on the order tag?.. its starting to drive me crazy!

Ok!.. I finally got this to work creating a separate rule based on ticket moved. It works now what I’d like to figure out is if there is a way when your in a ticket that’s been moved to go back to the table screen that has all the separate tickets for that table. Now when I go into a ticket the only way to get back to that screen would be to close the ticket which puts me back at the entity screen. I’d also like to add a button to the table screen with all the tickets to print the bill for all tickets for that table instead of going into each ticket to print them.

Hi, here when I change the seat all the other products go to the last seat I used, you know why?
Thanks

So recently I have changed my flow of this… when creating a new ticket a pop up question comes up on the screen and asks what type of order is being taken…

Then the next item that pops up before you get to the menu is the ticket tag screen for SEAT/NAME… this sets the seat number or if you have a calling with multiple tickets this allows you to set the name on each separate ticket under that entity…

Then you can choose all your menu items to create an order… if you need to add seperate order to that entity instead of choose close ticket… just choose add ticket and this will start the process over and add multiple tickets to one entity… See below multiple tickets with order type and seat number listed.