Off Topic comments

i will post screen shots in a few ,do u know how i can get rid of the question it asks about using tender as tip yes or no ,at the end of every sale when i input tender amount it asks if i want to use the change due as a tip i want to remove this .thx

It’s been a long time since I posted that database. I do not recommend using it live. I do recommend you study it to learn from and implant your own system.

that hurts lol ,working on it for the last week trying to tweak it , i liked how everything is on one page ,i just need basic register functions with kitchen monitor dam , well the discount button dont matter no more i guess , ya i threw away my original datbase that i was working on for this one .that is a bummer wasted alot of time.so there is no basic pre built database one can use for basic 90$ register functions just to get going ? sorry man u just gave bad news why can i not use this ??

I didn’t say you can’t. I said I don’t recommend it. You should use it to learn how things work and then implement the things you need into your own. This way you have a setup for your own needs.

Sambapos comes with a basic setup that works just fine. Once your comfortable you can expand it.

my goal is to get a working register up basic stuff . i dont care about sales history i want it wiped daily if i have to .dont care about inventory or acounts payable . just need reports end of day what sold x reading etc .if i can figure a way over winter when i have time to add gift card data base that will not get deleted and kitchen monitor ,i dont plan on using it as the corner stone of my business .

thats what i like about it i want to be able to keep things local and have control over everything and keep it simple ,i’m trying to get all basic register comand on one page .

OK sorry it is holiday here so I couldn’t be active in forums. I’ve read your posts. I want to give a proper answer to you but couldn’t find a clear question. Can we start from the beginning? What did you asked?

well i tried removing 2 tip entries in the calculation types and calculation selector . it did not wok for me ,it still asks for change as tip .i have stripped few things out of the sample database to suite my need more .i will take u advice and back this project and revert to stock vanilla and start again ,i’m just stressed as running out of time thx

OK good idea. Start from base setup and when you can’t find a tutorial for missing features, feel free to ask. Please keep in mind some existing features might work differently from traditional POS systems so it will be a good idea if you ask before deciding something missing. Also try to publish your progress as much as you can so we’ll know what you’re working on…

Most tutorials are at most 5 minute work for an experienced user. As you become familiar with our customization idea you’ll progress faster. Just try to understand what you’re doing. When you do not understand something feel free to ask.

how to i post my progress?
i had dumped my original project and substituted it with the quickserve prebuilt that i liked due to it being all on one page which is my goal.i started working on it, which i thought i was doing good progress.
is there such thing as basic tutorials as mentioned before ? as above discount method is more in debth so is there a basic version.
also how do i load a clean samba pos ? is there reset deafult settings somewhere?

i found this http://sambapos.org/en/content/clearing-transactional-data

clearing database is hard still working on it

i am uninstalling sql server and samba deleting all files and re installing all

@sevx007
There are many ways to clear database, my favourite one is to delete sambapos database from SQL server management studio. It will create new one when you open SambaPOS application.

sweet ,i removed everything and re installed ,and now hating myself as i cant get abort transaction to work .i had got that working on my other database

You can also backup and restore your database from there. So you have savepoints or checkpoint if you know what i mean :grinning:

Id love to see what basic $90 till has a kitchen monitor :stuck_out_tongue:
Know thats probably not what you ment.

Kendash is right that you should try your best to build your own system, once you get to grips with samba there are very few limits to what you can do.

I haven’t tried a kitchen monitor yet but think it is quite an advanced config and if only been using samba for few weeks your asking for head akes trying to understand so soon.
Start simple, get your basic settings in first to built your knowledge :slight_smile: