Open Price Option

OK. Will be fixed on next update.

1 Like

I can confirm this now works as expected. Thanks @emre

Hi @emre, was just about to go live with v4 after completing my endless list of products and order tags.
However, I have come across yet another problem:

I have zero priced drinks which are part of a set breakfast deal and have null value. But I’m unable to close the ticket, see screenshot:

How do I allow these tickets to be closed? Maybe we can have a checkbox option within the product that allows zero priced products.

If your adding products in a combo then gifting the item is probably the best way to go.

Hi. I just stumbled upon. This and wanted to add my two cents. If it helps anyone. For combos. What i do is add an action and rules to add certain products or product. You end up with a cleaner menu if you have like 10 - 20 combos like me. You can have a drink and in add action menu overwrite the to zero and calculate price false. This way you dont need double prosucts of zero prices. And you can triger these rules on tags also instead of just products. But i believe i havent found anything for portions. But yeah if it helps some thats great.

1 Like

Another way is (like mxood’s idea)

Create an Action to Add Order.

• Name = Add Combo Product {product included in combo} (eg Add Combo Product - Coke 600ml)
  • Menu Item Name = {product included in combo}
  • Quantity = 1
  • Order State = Combo
  • Price = 0.00
  • Calculate Price = False

Create a Rule for Order Added To Ticket.

• Name = Combo Product {the name of the combo meal} (eg Combo Product Burger Combo)
  • Menu Item Name - Equals - {the name of the combo meal} (eg Burger Combo)
  • Action - Add the above action you created

Now when you select your Combo Product, it will add another product with zero price and tag as a combo item.

Update your Ticket Template to include the following to remove the 0.00 price from the receipt.

[ORDERS:Combo]
-- Format for combo orders
<L00> * {QUANTITY} {NAME}
{ORDER TAGS}

NOTE - You can’t close a ticket with an Item that has a default 0.00 price. But you can close a ticket if the Item has been added via Add Order Action and its price changed to 0.00.

1 Like

In the other words the reason you can close is setting Calculate Price to false.

I think a default order addedrule that changes calculate price to false for selected products should fix that.

Edit: (Just to clarify) it should work like John suggested, but by handling order added event filtered with product tag or zero price. Even they can be just gifts.

Very interesting. I did not know we had such powers. I will get stuck in and see what I come out with.

I have over 10 different set breakfasts and a possible 20 different drinks which are either included or charged at a discounted price.

So I need to knuckle down and see what happens.

You can use order tags for the drinks, since they will be shared across may different breakfast meals.
Add Order Action is great for fixed combos like bacon, eggs & coffee. As coffee can be sold separately and can have order tags (milk, sugar, etc)
For drinks like Coke, Fanta, etc, using Order Tags can be easier, and can cut down on the Rules needed to get it working with many products.

@JohnS

I have two printers: Kitchen and Bar.

I don’t think order tags will work as I only send drink orders to the Bar Printer and Food Orders to the Kitchen Printer.

OK, Now I’m interested :slight_smile:

So you have Breakfast set, you select options and for drinks you create additional order line to be able to print them to bar but you want to keep their prices as zero.

Leaving an items price as zero means in SambaPOS you’ll decide it’s price later so it won’t permit you to close ticket. To close ticket you need to change order’s Calculate Price setting to False by using Update Order action. But that needs additional clicks so at the time you add order you also need to update that order to set Calculate Price to False. A solution might be handling Order Added event and disable price calculation if order price is zero.

1 Like

The problem I can see here is that the combo is manual and not an automatic addition of drinks, etc.

So we need to track how many combo meals and show that x number of beverages is free/discounted (this is where subtitle action set to Ticket Title can help). Then as a beverage is selected, it updates the free beverage count and adjusts the price of the beverage. The beverage order will print at the bar.

The other option is to use Add Order to add a beverage product (Combo Beverage) with Order Tags for the specific beverages on offer. That way it can print to the bar.

Better still.
We can detect when a specific Order Tag has been selected.
We select our Big Breakfast Combo, and use Order Tags to select the beverage to go with it.
We use the Rule Order Tagged to catch this and then use Add Order Action to add the product to the Ticket at the discounted price.

Okay Guys, brilliant I now have a solution that works even better than I expected.
Thanks to: @JohnS @emre @mxood

This is what I have done in case anyone else ends up in a similar scenario:

I created a product called SET and within the portions I defined all the possible drinks. This includes the inclusive drinks and discounted drinks:

I then created a action called: ADD SET DRINK

A rule called: SET DRINKS RULE:

I used Menu Item Group Code = BREAKFAST and mapped this to all departments.

So whenever I add a Breakfast, the SET product automatically is added to the Order Line and once selected we can then select the required drink from portions list:

This does not only speed up the order taking process but also reduces user errors where sometimes the staff would forget to use set drink and select i.e coffee which would then overcharge the customer.

And most importantly I can finally close the ticket. :smile:

Well… it seems it will be better if I hide zero prices. Thank you very much for screenshots :slight_smile:

1 Like

@emre, I would agree. Even better have a option to display price. Hope I’m not asking for too much?

I’m wondering something. Does prices gets calculated when you choose portions with prices?

Wow. Shocking I did not even realise, you are right @emre It does not add to the price :frowning:

Hmm let me see if we can handle portion change event.

OK I’ve added Order Portion Changed rule.

Additionally I’ll check if we can optionally disable zero price check.

I’ve also added Allow Zero Priced Orders setting to Ticket Types but that may generate issues in some cases since having a single product with zero price will automatically close ticket. If it is an issue for you you can either handling portion changed rule to change Calculate Price setting or fine tune Ticket Payment Check rule to keep tickets open in a case ticket total is zero, no payments and orders exists.