Print setup + prrinting two languages per product

Hi all, i bought a second hand Epson TM88V from ebay and im tyring to print products in different languages over two lines i.e English top and Chinese bottom. Printer appears in selection within smabpos.i have selected ticket printer and character set as 936, RTL as none, line count 0, line character 46.

When i print i get the “?” instead of the chinese character but when i print in html i can see the chinese characters. but it prints a fraction slower. also i get alighment issues.

Has anyone been able to configure this printer properly? also how would i go about printint different lonagues per product. I i have tried to set up products with english and chinese on the same line but the problem with that is it uses too many characters.

Any help is mcuh appreciated.

Not sure on the language side of printer setup but for dual language product lines should be fairly easy.
You would choose say english as actual product name but setup a product tag/caption (not order tag) of say Chinese product name.
Then in the printer template setup the orders layout section…
The {ORDERS} part will be propergated with the part under the [ORDERS] part on a per order line basis so that part would look something like this;

<J00>{QUANTITY} x {NAME} | {LINE AMOUNT}
<L00>    {PRODUCT TAG:Chinese Product Name}
{ORDER TAGS}

Which should give you something that looks like this;

1 x Beef Burger                    7.95
    Chinese for Beef Burger
 * Tags (if any)
1 x Chicken Burger                 8.95
    Chinese for Chicken Burger
 * Tags (if any)

The tags shown may need some adjustment depending on your setup but along those lines should do the job.
Product tags are added in: Settings --> Program Settings --> Product Tag Captions (Comma separated field)
Product tags will then show at the bottom of the products individual settings tabs and also in the Product Tag Editor tab.

1 Like

Thanks JTRTech but its not working.

Ive called the product tag caption “chinesename” and linked with the product but when i print i get this.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░  T  i c k  e t ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
Date:07/10/2015
Time:21:43
Ticket  No:28
------------------------------------------
- 1  Coffee  咖啡                                                    1.45
{PRODUCT  TAG:chinesename}
==========================================
Total:                                                                         1.45
========================================== 
T  H  A  N  K        Y  O  U

My print config as follows:-

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<T>Ticket
<L00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<L00>Time:{TIME}
{ENTITIES}
<L00>Ticket No:{TICKET NO}
<F>-
{ORDERS}
<F>=
<EB>
{DISCOUNTS}
[<J10>Total Gift:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
{SERVICES}
<J10>Total:|{TICKET TOTAL}
{PAYMENTS}
<DB>
<F>=
<C10>T H A N K   Y O U

[DISCOUNTS]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[SERVICES]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[PAYMENTS]
<J00>{PAYMENT NAME}|{PAYMENT AMOUNT}

[ORDERS]
-- Default format for orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
<L00>    {PRODUCT TAG:chinesename}
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**GIFT**
{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
-- Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<J00> * {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}

[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<L00>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<J00>Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}

image showing product tag caption in product tag editor.

what im i doing wrong?

Post your template again but before submitting select it and use the <\> button as the forum will strip some of the code.
What does it print?
You are on V5 right?

Might be {ITEM TAG:xxx}… try that instead.

yes v5 but also testing on v4 both dont work.

“Post your template again but before submitting select it and use the <\> button as the forum …” Not sure what you mean.

Ive not changed the original template, only added the product tag caption part as per your example.

[ORDERS]
– Default format for orders

J00:2{QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
{PRODUCT TAG:chinesename}

[LAYOUT]
-- General layout
<div style="font-size:11px;font-family:NSimSun;text-align:left">
<T>Order
<J00>Date:{TICKET DATE}
<J00>Time:{TIME}
<J00>Ticket:#{TICKET NO}
{ENTITIES}
<F>-
{ORDERS}
<F>=
<EB>
{DISCOUNTS}
{TAXES}
[<J10>Total Gift:|{ORDER STATE TOTAL:Gift}]
<J00>Total:|{TICKET TOTAL}
{PAYMENTS}
<DB>
<F>=
<C10>多謝! Thank you!
</div>

[DISCOUNTS]
<J00>{CALCULATION NAME} %{CALCULATION AMOUNT}|{CALCULATION TOTAL}

[PAYMENTS]
<J00>{PAYMENT NAME}|{PAYMENT AMOUNT}

[ORDERS]
<span>
<J00:2>{QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
</span>

{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Gift]
-- Format for gifted orders
<J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|**GIFT**

{ORDER TAGS}

[ORDERS:Void]
-- Nothing will print for void lines

[ORDER TAGS]
-- Format for order tags
<J00> * {ORDER TAG NAME} | {ORDER TAG PRICE}

[ENTITIES:Table]
-- Table entity format
<L00>Table: {ENTITY NAME}

[ENTITIES:Customer]
-- Customer entity format
<J00>Customer: {ENTITY NAME} | {ENTITY DATA:Phone}

[TAXES]
-- <L00>{TAX NAME}
-- <L00> Taxable Amount: {TAXABLE AMOUNT}
<J00>HST (13%)| {TAX AMOUNT}
<F>-

is this what you mean?

If the forum sees formatting tags like <F00> it assumes you want to format something it will not show those tags. If you highlight it and press </> button it means it is formatting it as code so it displays those symbols.

Printer templates contain formatting code and often we can not see the full template if you do not format it with </> button

Kendash can yo help? ive search endless for the last 2 hours and trying to make it work. Tearing my hair out atm.

Whats confusing is that there also something i read in some posts to use {ITEM TAG:x}, is this the same thing?

Im all lost. :frowning:

I managed to figure the </> out, thanks.

There are several ways to achieve what you want. The best way is what works best for you. I recommend trying all of them and picking the one that works best.

Often when people seek solutions for things you will discover that there may be more than one way to accomplish it. Which specific solution are you having trouble with and can you show what you have tried?

PS: I have not read entire post I apologize if I missed something.

Basically, im trying to implement 2 languages for each product, for example Coffee (in english) and below it Coffe (in chinese).

JTRTech suggests using prodcut tag caption but i have not been able to make it work. Then ive search the forum and emre has a solution utilising Item tag. None has worked. Have tried on both v5 and v4 not working.

They do work we have proven that. So lets try and figure out what went wrong. Can you show screenshots of your setup?

I wasn’t suggesting the software has a bug, i know its me missing something, just not sure where i went wrong.

This is what i did in steps for Product Tag Caption.1234

1. Settings>Program settings>General Settings>Product Tag Captions - Created product tag captions as “chinesename”

2. Products>Product Tag Editor> Under Product coffee i put in the chinese name for coffee in the product tap caption box.

3. Added this the tag into the print config

[ORDERS]
    – Default format for orders
    - {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
    {ORDER TAGS}

4. went to test and print i get this

sorry forgot to format. Step 3

[ORDERS]
    <J00>- {QUANTITY} {NAME}|{TOTAL PRICE}
    <L00>    {PRODUCT TAG:chinesename}
    {ORDER TAGS}

Change your template to be {ITEM TAG:chinesename}

1 Like

Was that the problem? Did the formatting solve?

OK, having spent over 2 hours, i managed to make it work but not the way i way i would like it to. I have to create the products in chinese and use product tags in english. Not the ideal solution but it works its just that the product tags are not displaying chinese characters for some reason.

OK, not sure exactly what i did but it the prodcut tags now works in chinese. :smile:

Out of interest (might be useful for emre) but could you try both in product tag field?
English - Chinese.
Would be interesting is its not liking cheese charictors or that the whole field is ignored because of them.

LOL- never mind, all sorted now.

i have just now and it works. :slight_smile: