Printing reports to HTML printer

I’ve noticed if I print reports using HTML as the Printer Type, the header is missing from the printout.

To avoid confusion, I refer to header as:

Printing with Ticket Printer type shows the header, but I can’t use this (see below).
Printing with Windows Printer also shows the header, but the report headings with white text on light grey background don’t print well on thermal. (it also has other layout issues that make it unsuitable)

I need to use the HTML printer type as some of the product names contain Chinese characters. I have everything working fine with receipts, etc., and changing the code page on the printer (to use Ticket Printer type) is buggy with my printer (if I get it to print Chinese characters, the printer font is missing some other characters!).

Side by side comparison of 3 printer types (Windows Printer, Ticket Printer, HTML Printer) for the work period report:

So I just want to know if there any way I can get HTML printer type to show the header of reports?

Thanks! :smile:

You can try editing user info and add <L00> formatting tags in front of lines.

Ok, that is now giving me whatever is in the User Info field being shown on the report (e.g. in my case, StoreSeen POS). But it still isn’t showing the rest of the header, i.e. Work Period Report and the date/time period.

That will work fine on next update. Thanks.

Ok. So nothing I can do now for v4 ?

Try this:

Put the information directly into the Report Template.

Use {Start} and {End} to show the date.

This is for the built in reports, I don’t think they can be edited?

Not in v4. V5 they can be edited.