Re-open Settled Ticket & Cancel Payments

Check the mapping for the Automation Command (button), to ensure Enabled States is BLANK, not *.

3 Likes

thanks. works just fine.

Great tutorial @QMcKay

I think it will be worth adding Update Ticket Status Action to the Rule:

So it updates the Status of the ticket to Unpaid. If this is not done then the ticket will no longer show on the entity screens.

Hope this helps anyone following this tutorial.

7 Likes

This is my first post/question. Good Job Everyone. I am following along but I got stuck at “Update Ticket Status” (above). I can’t find where to it is. I’m sure its simple but after the Cancel Ticket Payment, I’m stuck. Thanks for all your help!

If you dont already have an action to update ticket state yull need to create it first, then you can add it to the rule

Go to MAIN MENU>MANAGE>AUTOMATION>ACTIONS then create a new action

Select from the drop down list the action type, update ticket state i think it is called

Then where it says current status type the following [:Current Status]

Where it says status type [:Status]

Make sure you give the action a name

Save the action

Now add the action to the rule and you will see when you click the arrow to expand the action you have two fields to complete, Current Status and Status that we created in the action

Simply type Paid and Unpaid in the correct fields (they are case sensitive too so must have a capital P and U)

Then save the rule, this will now change ticket status from paid to unpaid when the rule is started

Hope that helps

1 Like

hmmm… i don’t know what is the problem… the button of Re-Open Settled Ticket it is not appeared

This is likely your issue …

2 Likes

already BLANK sir… i read that issue…

when you Click the Re Open Settled Ticket button then you are allowed now to click the Settle Button. right? but my Settle Button is clickable already but the refund did not appear…

Can you post a screenshot of button mapping?

already solved my problem at Re Open Settled Ticket Button… i just relog-in my account… then its ok now… but my problem now is the refund… did not appear… i think i need to review my work one by one at the refund set up

once the payment is made and we reopen the ticket to void, or give discount how can we reflect the changes on the receipt. that is to show how much change we are giving from previous tendered amount.

You would have to build that automation. This tutorial is not an advanced refund it’s simply cancell payments and resettle. Aka you give all money back make your changes and they pay you again.

If your storing payments and change in ticket tags it wouldn’t be too hard.

storing CC ticket tag information as @QMcKay tutorial indicate but not for Cash

unless we store the item price that we cancelled after reopening settled ticket that can be displayed RIGHT!!!

You can’t cancel payment before you reopen settled ticket. You also can’t cancel orders without reopen settled ticket.

got your point i knew this was talking about the button also…i am working on it …will update in a short while

1 Like

how to subtract two ticket tag value

can help with the syntax
i am trying this but seems wrong to me
[=F(TN(’{TICKET TAG:TND}’)) - F(TN(’{TICKET TAG:Refund}’))]

and how to show if ticket tag is not null have some value in it:
like this: [=F(TN(’{TICKET TAG:Refund}’))]!=0

working on it

Try this:

[=F(TN('{TICKET TAG:TND}')-TN('{TICKET TAG:Refund}'))]

Your trying too hard. Try this:

'{TICKET TAG:Refund}' != ' '

Though I am not an expert on Action constraints. @QMcKay might be able to shed more light on that.

this is what i have achieved so far
set rules on reopen settled ticket and payment processed
action: update ticket tag
after settling reopened ticket:
the ticket tag RBal has the change to be given

there are two issues with this:
–when payment is first settled the RBal tag gets its val that’y i was asking for the constraint
–the bill should be printed with the Rbal tag with the constraint as well

He is still here just very busy.