Sambapos4 string problem

@emre On the POS2-PC I did not install SQL, But I still have the same problem. The string is not correct. The string is:
Data Source=POS1-PC\SAMBAPOS3; User ID=sa; Password=sambapos; Database=BonamanziGH;
Is it correct?

I have deactivated Firewal, I have done the -Enabling Network Services- all are running and active.

The string formatting is correct but as the error message says it can’t access to SQL Server named as POS1-PC\SAMBAPOS3. Did you used same string on server?

@emre Yes, the server string is: Data Source=POS1-PC;SAMBAPOS3; User Id=sa; Password=sambapos; Database=BonamanziGH;

@Bonamanzi since you can connect on server with this configuration you should be able to access from clients too. Since we are sure SQL Server instance name is correct the only remaining point is SQL Server’s network connectivity configuration.

You can try this to give a fixed port to SQL Server

1 Like

…also when you setup your port (for example 1433) you can change configuration string to include port like:

Data Source=POS1-PC\SAMBAPOS3,1433; User Id=sa; Password=sambapos; Database=BonamanziGH;

@emre I have done that, everything is running and active on my server pc, the pos program are working perfectly and are connected. I have a problem connecting POS2 pc and my laptop, neither want to connect to the server database.

Hi Elizabeth, sorry to ask this again, and please make sure. Is your firewall ACTIVE? I have had the same problem over and over and 99.99% of the times its a Firewall problem. For some reason some updates (as @JohnS stated several times) automatically activate teh firewall and do no tell.

Thanks!!!

G.

@gerlandog Hallo, thank you for helping. No Firewall is off on all my Computers, Have put it off in the advanced settings, everything is done as the setup pointedly noted.

OK so you can do it to test if your client computer can actually access to your SQL Server or not.

• On your client computer Create a new empty text file on desktop by right click and New > Text Document
  • Change the extension of that text file from .txt to .udl
  • It’s icon should change.
  • Double click on it and you should see a dialog like this.

• Fill details and click Test Connection button to test if your SQL Server is accessible.
1 Like

@emre I am sorry but I have tried everything. Could it be possible for you to log in on teamviewer and just have a look, please?

Sorry @Bonamanzi I’m not at my office right now and I don’t have teamviewer on my dev laptop. Please review your settings once more from the beginning and let us know your progress.

1 Like

@emre I have reviewed all my settings and have done them as per the instructions, I have tried all the options as you and the other people have given us. I still have the same problem. Error message: An error occurred while getting provider information from database. This can be caused by Entity Framework using an incorrect connecting string. Check the inner exceptions for details and ensure that the connection string is correct.
Please help me to sort this out. I cannot waste any more time on a program that doen not want to connect to the server database.
Thank you for your help.

Ok sorry to step in. But @Bonamanzi i think fastest way to solve this, if you are interested to enjoy this amazing software is own your part. Start fresh with everything and screen capture your setup. And edit it in parts to make ot easier to view for emre and john. I understand everone is pulling hairs but though i cant be of help myself but this way help will come more accurately from others. Because most likely its always that one small mistake thats hard to notice. Just me opinion btw

1 Like

@Bonamanzi,
Below are my test settings for SQL configuration manager. Can you provide screen capture of your settings.

1 Like

I will do so, it will take some time, as I have to go back to work to do so. Thank you @mxood and @morshed1 for helping me to solve this problem. I will get back to you asap.

@Find attached screenprints of my settings.Eie komp.zip (769.2 KB)

can you make following changes and apply.

Only IP2 should be set to port 8080

Also make sure Sambapos server Port settings is configured as per below. so all ports are configured to 8080

@morshed1 I was told to make those settings, by Emre"…also when you setup your port (for example 1433) you can change configuration string to include port like:
Data Source=POS1-PC\SAMBAPOS3,1433; User Id=sa; Password=sambapos; Database=BonamanziGH;" and "stackoverflow.com 2
dave2118
Opening Ports SQL Server Instances3
asked by dave2118 on 06:14PM - 10 May 122
sql-server, networking "
I will make the settings in the morning and let you know. Thank you for your help.

@Bonamanzi sorry if I’ve misguided you. I’ve tried to supply all information I have.

What I’ve noticed from the screenshots @morshed1’s took screenshot from SQL Native Client 11.0 Configuration Node but you didn’t included this. Can you also check settings under this node?