Time Clock - Basic - Employee Entities (not users)

Its there. I to upgraded and its there.

@allmixedup, if you haven’t used the Action Type before, it won’t be Categorized on the existing Action list, so you won’t see it there. You need to Add an Action of that Type. Look at my screenshot again and follow this:

Click Add Action, then in the box for Action Type, start typing “Log Entity…” - it should appear in that list.

We figured it out. Its tied to custom reports module. Have to install custom reports to use this action. This makes sense as you would need custom reports to get any benefit.

i followed instruction in the first post when i click the employee name, nothing happened? there’s no button for clock in clock out legend on the right side as well

clicked the time clock inside the ticket no response also?

i rechecked everything…still not working…any tips please?

would that be becoz u didn’t set the automation command for AM TC_LoadEntity automation command ? which u typed it under the entity screen?

So @Jesse … have you gotten rid of the timetrex integration?.. do you still plan to build a timeclock with this?

The Legend is something you can put together yourself by adding some “dummy” Automation Command Button Widgets to the Entity Screen. They serve no functional purpose. In fact, in my production implementation, I don’t have the Legend at all.

Yes, you need to have the Entity Grid Settings values filled in for them to work properly. This is outlined in red below:

Hello @QMcKay,
thanks for all this descripition, but im missing the “Log Entity State” always! Can you help me?
Sorry for my english…

For the Log Entity State Action to appear, you need to have the Custom Report Module installed and activated. You can purchase this module from SambaMarket.com.

ok lot of thx, i was a littlebit frustrated, about this, thx!

I am getting an error on custom reports: Error Converting data type nvarchar to numeric when I click on the payroll option in reports. anyone know why this is happening?

My first guess would be the Custom Data Fields for Pay Rate in the Employee Entity is either set to String instead of Number, and/or it contains an alpha character (i.e. $) when it should not.

That said, it is very difficult to be able to pinpoint the error without some troubleshooting using SSMS and the Query Editor to find which line(s) is causing the issue.

To start, which Payroll Report has the error?

Quick question, can I install this module in V5 with the Import Function.

Yes, there should be little to no issues with importing this to V5.

Thanks @QMcKay will try this later and update if any issue.

@QMcKay I have imported the Time Clock Module in V5.1.31 and the first I see is this screens
Not sure of I do something wrong, or need more to configure.

If I press the Clock Button, I don’t get a Punch In

You have to setup your entities. His was not linked to users.

Ok have set up the entities and used the same names to avoid errors.
Installed the reports as in this Tutorial, but having 2 issues.

1. can’t see any data below the names I checked and only Myrna is set up in the Reports.
  2. If I clock in on Myrna, I can only exit the screen with the X, and coming in the New Ticket window.
    If I click the button CLOSE nothing happens.
    I can only get out the window to select some food items and VOID them later.
    Is this a V5 issue due to different seetings? Not tested in V4 yet, but don’t like to look backwards as most likely we will go over to V5 soon.
  3. The Reports give me a EntitiyStateLogs Error Meassage, so that’s were I possible have to look why I have no values under the names.

Think I have to look here:
http://forum.sambapos.com/t/answered-entity-state-minutes-by-name-x-incorrect-minutes/4423/3

If you mean the X in the upper-left, yes, you need to change the Action for that button.

In v4, we used Change Ticket Entity (or similar) to “close” this screen and go to POS.

In v5, we use Navigate Module Action to “close” this screen by navigating to Navigation.

1 Like

Thanks, I will try to do this later as I’m now working on the Time module from @Jesse and see how it works.