Time Clock & Punch Editor - Custom Navigation Flow: Uses Employee Entities not Users

Yes it’s a radical change to typical flow. I prefer it myself. It’s actually easier to track employee data if they are all entities.

But yes it’s very flexible. I would love to hear feedback and improvement suggestions.

I would like too see a way to automate user layouts some day as well. But that might be more difficult.

1 Like

Asking user PIN on POS button click is a great idea. I also think it is better than staying on login screen. As V5 allows us to create any type of reports by user entity having separate users for each waiter will have no additional benefits.

This also supports most requested “changing ticket user” feature :slight_smile:

1 Like

@kendash I was able to end the work period, however the user entity was still logged in. I would imagine if we end the work day it should log out all entities, even if they forgot to clock out. Or it would not allow the work day to end similar to open tickets.

BTW how is timetrex coming along :wink:

You can automate that. ill look into that. Timetrex is fully integrated into mine. I’ll show you how to do that later. It’s one action to a single rule.

My restaurant the Work Period ends before my employees clock out. They end work period and stay late cleaning then they clock out.

However I can see how someone might want that option. We can automate that. I might add a few prompts to the task to choose if you want it synced to work period or not.

Hi, everytime I run the task is cancelled, do you know why? And is not in this one only, the other one to split the payments is exactly the same.
Thanks
Tiago

Are you running version 5.1.50?

no, I still have the version 5.1.47

Upgrade to 5.1.50 then try.

yes, I did and it´s ok now. Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Please let me know feedback. Was it easy to use? How do you like the time clock?

Hi again, I have the punch editor but i can’t see the time clock! I put a employer, pass but where it is after pos, or where?

It is on the navigation screen.

Should look something like this

Or do you mean reports?

Watch the sample videos at top of this post it demonstrates it.

I’m really sorry, but I don’t have this navigation menu! How can I have it?

Go to Settings > Local Settings > Display and enable the Custom Navigation

Then go to Settings > Program Settings > Maintenance and click the build default navigation buttons.

Show us some screenshots of what you have it can help us understand your issue.

Ok, I didn’t know… I will check now, but I really need something like this to control everyone. I will give you the feedback soon. Thank you very much once again!

1 Like

To add more employees you simply run the Configuration Task again. Run it each time you need to add new employee. If I update the task all you need to do is press Update Tasks and it will download the new updated task.

I would post here if I ever update it.

ok, I already did, one thing, may be I need to do something… in navigation for twice I enter in punch editor and error, crash sambapos, I need start again.

Did you delete any employee entities? That is something we probably need to work on is if you need to remove an employee. Right now its not built to handle that and that causes the crash.

I will look into a fix so you can remove employees if need be. For now dont delete any employees.