Using Price Definitions/Tags by "entity select" Rule - not working for me

Hmm that should work. Check make sure you didn’t leave an old rule from before.

Yep, first place I went to. I used TOGO as a tag to make sure I don’t lose track of what I was attempting. Deleted old the old TOGO before doing this… oh well… will run through again…see if i can catch the culprit.

It should not set that state for any other entities due to the constraint. Is it setting that state for non customers entities?

What entities other than Customers did it set that state for?

When I click on a table number instead of choosing a customer from the “Customer Search” screen, I get a new ticket with the status New, I add an order: Status changes to New Orders but the pricing on the item is showing “TA” Pricing.

Does that help describe the behaviour?

So something else is triggering it then. When you attempted change price list. It worked so now you need to change it back. Make an action for change price list and leave the list part blank. Run a rule to execute it. Then delete those. Should work fine.

If you use change price list action apparently it changes it permanently unless you change it back.

This is why I had you switch to using update order instead. It reverts automatically.

So basically your setup is working. It was just stuck in that price list for everything.

Has anyone told you that you are a genius… if they haven’t I am doing it right now… THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Worked a charm!!

1 Like

Hi Jessie,

Hope you are well and sorry to bother you again on this. Just noticed a problem with the setup, when portions are involved the price definition does not get updated with takeaway pricing. I can see that the update order action has a Portion name parameter. Should I have something in there to carry the portion selection through to the Action

Thank you again

Note: I have resolved this, just needed a rule to track portion changes and pass PortionName through to the Action.