When someone pays, but there is still something else to pay, I need to print the bill with a written ** PAID **

You settle the amount in the tag for first customer the remaining amount is what’s left for second customer

I have to use “Settle - Payment screen” for the first customer that pay and the balance is correct and so then I have to select the items payed by him in the order page and the click on “Split Bill”. After that (and, yes, I have to say that it is complicated), I have to print the bill. In this bill everything is like before the first payment. How to print a bill with “PAYED” instead of the price? And the total?

you CAN NOT replace price with Paid. You are not understanding what I am saying. When you press split bill the amount in the ticket tag that says Name Paid x.xx you settle for this amount… so if it said Jesse paid 6.00 I would press settle and then type in 6.00 and press cash and then close. THe remaining amount would be what your friend would pay when he comes back to you.

YOu would need to create a system to print bill for the first customer since it will not trigger your print bill because remaining balance is not 0 yet.

The split bill function is used for your first customer… NOT your friend that is coming back later.

The request you have and the very nature of what you are wanting to accomplish is complicated and is not something typically done in this type of business. So most solutions right now will seem complicated.

Most venues would just split the bill into two bills.

If you want it to settle for the amount of items when you press the Split bill you can put a Pay ticket action with that button and pay the amount in the Ticket Tag. But you would then need to design it so it asks a question to determine payment type, cash, credit etc.

What a mess! I wait for the @emre’s solution.

It is really not a mess my suggestion was just a suggestion. What you do with it is up to you. I did not invest a lot of time in it because I am not going to use it. I just threw something together to get you started and show you that it is possible.

What you want is something done for you and it just simply works. So yes you probably should wait. But you may wait a while and you may not. You could take my suggestion and build your own solution. This is what I was hoping you would do. I never meant for you to just do exactly what I said and call it done.

Rules/Actions etc are not just settings for SambaPOS they are a method for you to design how your system works.

PS: You can get it to work almost how you want. I just showed you ONE possibility. I can already think of several things to get it working how you described. If it is really important to you then take some of my suggestions and change it to how you want it to behave.

Or you can wait and see if @emre implements something that suits you better. I have a feeling you might wait a while though so I was trying to get you some ideas you can try now. I am not going to build it for you however, I really enjoy helping people but this is a feature I will not use and I personally do not see other people using it much so I really would rather use my time developing solutions for my own system.

1 Like

LoL. @ginoli we'll discuss it with our team does not mean I promise I'll do it. As we have a lot of requests in queue we give more priority to most requested features to be able to solve more common issues.