%10 service charge for selected products

I tried this but the effect was only to make service not be applied at all to any item. I assume it reads the “” as a gift state rather than blank. (I added the % to MT.Service=yes just as that’s the tag name I have)

It seems like the previous expression works but is only applied AFTER another item is added. I’m just not sure the way to make it apply after the gift status is applied. to each individual item.

I’m sorry I’m not understanding this, could you elaborate? so would I keep the system of Tags for service on the product level?. I also assume this issue arises no matter what system you use for specifying items Service categories as well as tags when applying this tutorial?

Fixed it!
the solution was simple really. I just added the applicable service charge action to the gift rule also (with the exact same parameters) ordered after the other actions. seems no issue with the apply service charge action being run multiple times as it is not cumulative.

for reference my action text is:
[=TN(’{TICKET ORDER TOTAL EXP:(MT.Service%=Yes) and (OS.GStatus= ) and (ODI=True)}’) * 0.1]

hope this helps someone

In my system I transfer several menu item tags onto an order state on order added as an order state can be changed on the fly per order using automation.
The menu item tag sets the default then other automation can overide that value.
An example is course, so soup has menu item tag of starter for course.
When added this is used to set order state OrderCourse to Starter.
There is a button to update order course in POS to allow specifying the soup should be served with mains (someone only having a starter with other people having mains) - and kitchen print has grouping using course state to show starters mains and dessert in groups.
Rather than using MT directly it uses the order state which can be overridden.
In your example you could do similar meaning service state by default is what is set in MT but rule for gift could change to something else.
What I did was to make expressions always use a positive constraint/expression rather than trying to work with is not or is null.

Either way, see you resolved.

1 Like
[=TN('{TICKET ORDER TOTAL EXP:((MG=İçecekler) and (ODI=True)) and !(OS.GStatus=İkram)}') * 0.1]
1 Like

I managed to apply the tip example automatically, but I would like to have the option to remove the tip, if the client does not want to pay it

Auto Command Rule

Action

do i have to leave it blank?

yes…

[=TN('{TICKET ORDER TOTAL EXP:(MG=Beverages) and (ODI=True)}') * 0.1]
How can i calculate service charge on preTaxed amounts using the above expression. Something like what is done in the custom script result = (Ticket.PSum + Ticket.PreSum - Ticket.Tax) * 0.10