A couple questions about Printing

You cannot change the color of the text on the Ticket Display.

I think what @rcorado is referring to is the dotmatrix style kitchen printers which have black and red ribbons.
Have not got one yet but am look out for one. The epson ones I believe have black and red (or at least the one I was looking at)

If that is the case, you will need to learn the escape codes for the printer to make it switch color. When you have figured that out, you can use the <XCT>a,b,c,d command in the Printer Template.

1 Like

Thanks Joe and QM. Yes we have a dot-matrix printer. I will see about using the commands. I was curious where exactly they go but will try a few configs.

Formatting codes will usually go at the beginning on the line for this type formatting.

Thanks Joe, this is what I am trying to achieve exactly but no luck so far:

I copied and pasted the exact receipt template Emre provided but not printing as expected. Any thoughts?

Would check the documentation for your printer…
Might need enabling for a different code.

Thanks Joe. I was playing with it and figured out the correct ESC codes. :slight_smile: Appreciate all the tips!

1 Like

What printer are you using? Would be interested in you opinion as not ordered one yet.

Yes i was talking about the epson printers with black and red ink. Is this the same printer you have and how did you figure it out, it wont work for me.

Also, is there an easy way to switch between menus? We have a Lunch menu that is different from the dinner menu. I have not found an easy way to switch between the two.

Version 5 you will be able to switch menus from within the ticket. V4 you cant do this currently.

This should solve color question. Those commands are in your printers documentation.

Hi Joe, Just saw this. We are using an Epson TM-U220A I believe. So far so good.

Is V5 out? if not when will it be?

Thats the same printer i’m using, could you copy what you have because i must be doing something wrong.

I believe the estimated release is sometime late in June subject to beta testing.

Not sure how to add the grey area so the codes will be visible.
These two line items are what I have in my Kitchen template which makes the font bigger and everything prints in Red.

I submitted a question to Emre about what the codes mean (I took those from one of his posts) but am pending a response.

I think youll probably find that 27,33,16 is ‘set red’ and 27,33,0 is ‘set black’ a bit like xxxxx in html.
Your font size is more likely set by the formatting tag at the beginning of the [ORDERS] section where you have {QUANTIRY} and {NAME}

Each printer will have specific codes for this. You look them up in your printers documentation.

1 Like