A Drink-Bar and working together with neighbor Restaurants - Report Problem

Hi Emre,

I am working with your system since 2.99.
Currently I use Version 4.1.46.

Till now I was only selling drinks, so WPR was easy.

But now I want to cooperate with neighbor Restaurants because we don´t have a kitchen.
The idea is that our guests can order food from the Restaurants and pay in our place and we will pass the money at the end of the day to the Restaurants.

To make it easy for the guest and our waiter I have put the Food Dishes into our Menu so there will be one Bill only.

The Problem now is that the Foods are not allowed to be displayed in the WPR otherwise we have to pay taxes for the Restaurant.

Can you suggest a solution for me?

Best Regards

Kevin

You could use custom reports module and not use wpr at all. Of course that means programming your reports.

sorry for the off topic, what is wpr?

Thanks!!!

G.

You dinglebat @gerlandog its Work Period Report lol

2 Likes

LOL!!! I tought it was something like KPI…

Thanks!!!

G

Hi kendash,

thanks for the reply.

It is hard to program by myself?
I have not much SQL skills.

Or can you help me with that?

BR

Kevin

I wouldnt say its hard… but you would have to learn SQL Scripting yes. There are a ton of resources already. Start here:

Hi kendash,

thanks you.
I will give it a try.

May I ask you for help if I need it?

BR

Kevin

I am not the person to ask on SQL yet. I have not studied it enough myself yet. I will, but right now I am focused on other areas of developing my system.

@emre or @gerlandog are good sources… there is already A LOT of information out there to get you started most of it is referenced in the article I gave you above.

SQL Is very simple language to script… it doesnt change much its pretty straight forward. Once you learn the basics like Joins and formatting you will be able to do most of what your looking for. You can even download SQL Visual Editors that can design scripts for you.

Thanks kendash,

for all the information.
I will try it now.

BR

Kevin

well, first things first… WPR is part of SAMBA so you wont be able to take it out…

but what you can do is as @Jesse sayed, program Custom Reports.

I asume you sepparated menu dishes in differente groups, so it would be easy to make a simple SQL query to show you totals by grupo… as a matter of fact, there is one already here…

Look into the SOLD ITEMS REPORT V2.0… ther you will have a nice place to start…

G.

1 Like

Thanks gerlandog,

I will take a look at your tutorial.

BR

Kevin