Account Documents Defaults

Hello @emre

Can we programmatically insert by the way of “reserved key word” the Current Target Account Name from the Entity?
Since all my Entity Sub Accounts use the same definitions I can work out the Name of the Target but how can I insert it when the Account Document is used for a Entity?

Account Document Called

DEFAULT SETUP

Thanks for your help.

PS: I am attempting to transfer VALUE from 1 Entity Account to another Entity Account.

I think using Automation is the only way to do that. The Create Account Transaction Document Action lets you set the Account.

I use that type of Automation for Paying Expense Accounts and Employee Payroll. I don’t use the Account Screens because they are somewhat limited.

Here is how that Document and Transaction Type are configured:

And this is the Rule that uses that Action to set the (Target) Account:

2 Likes

Hey @QMcKay, great to hear from you!

Yes I am using the simple Account screens and you present a great alternative that I think would solve this issue. I was thinking further and the issue of Credit Control could be the sticking point? We cannot allow Customers to overdraw there Credit in a attached Sub Account.

So can automation above be expanded I guess to first establish how much credit they have and then somehow constrain the Value Entered for Withdrawal?

Thanks Paul.

Here is another example.

This is can be used to make a payment or transfer for different Account Types. I no longer use this (I use PHP), but I was using this for making Payments to Expense Accounts, and sometimes Supplier Accounts.

This is the Account Screen. Note that this is an Automation Command, not a Document Type Button:

Account Screen Configuration:

Documents and Transaction Types:

Actions:

The Rules:

1 Like

I don’t see why not. You can use something like {ACCOUNT BALANCE} or whatever works to determine the limit.

How you end up constraining that in the Automation is up to you. For example, I use a lot of [?prompt] input, but that could be constrained using the syntax itself (not so easy), or maybe in a following Rule, and then either override the amount to be the limit automatically, or loop back to ask for the amount again.

1 Like

Haha was just typing that exact question/suggestion! So a limit could be imposed in the [?prompt] syntax - if that’s the case I can work that out… eventually :sweat_smile:

Thanks for your help.