Account Statements with Template Layout

Maybe you already tried this, and it does not work, or you don’t understand what I am suggesting. Does this help?

Thats what I am doing;

But there is not the right tags for the job…

obviously ignore the template itself as was my drafting example for last post…

Plus the above issue;

And no tags to replicate this with additional info;

[quote=“JTRTech, post:25, topic:8029”]

this is Print Account Transactions action

[/quote]

Go to Reports.

Open the Workperiod Report.

Select All. Copy.

Go to your Printer Template. Paste.

Does that not work?

Are you missing Report Tags or Templating options? Can you design a Report that displays what you want? No? Why?

Report tags work in printer template, yes.

Yes, am trying to create a statement, these are the available account based report tags;

ACCOUNT TOTAL:X Account Total
ACCOUNT DEBIT TOTAL:X Account Debit Total
ACCOUNT CREDIT TOTAL:X Account Credit Total
ACCOUNT TRANSACTION TOTAL:X Account Transaction Total
ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DEBIT TOTAL:X Account Transaction Debit Total
ACCOUNT TRANSACTION CREDIT TOTAL:X Account Transaction Credit Total
ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS:X Account Transaction Details
ACCOUNT TRANSACTION COUNT:X Account Transaction Count

6 are TOTALS
1 is transaction count
The closest to the ‘Print Account Transactions’ action is ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS:X
But this requires {ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS:<Transaction Type>:<Account>}
Specifying transaction type will only show account sale transactions, account cash payment or account card payment transactions and not a ‘Statement’ type.
Hense the sugestion fo a
{REPORT ACCOUNT TRANSACTIONS:X} tag where we could use fields and expressions.
Something like;

{REPORT ACCOUNT TRANSACTIONS:AT.Date,AT.Description,AT.Debit,AT.Credit,AT.Balance:(AN={ENTITY NAME}}

Which would render something like;

THAT IS NOT A TEMPLATE ITS A PRE-CONFIGURED ACTION PRINT.

1 Like

@emre - penny for your thoughts?

@Jesse seemed to have a solution to part of your issue, passing ticket id onto the account statements. He was just waiting for the next update.
I know this does not solve your formatting issue but it could be a start.

Not sure what he was looking for in a new feature. The buttons on those screens will pass the Entity ID or Account ID. One or the other should work just fine. Why would you need a Ticket ID?

If Kendash had prepared a partial sample, we would have a starting point. He is far better with Report Tags than I am.

Entity I’d or account id would not help either way as the only way to have a statement type print is the print transactions action which uses a hard coded template.

Well, I beg to differ. The Account ID is exactly what you need to re-create that hard-coded print.

You can use the Account Name, the Entity Name or ID as a link into the Account, or whatever. But in the end you need the Account ID. Once you have that, you should be off to the races.

I am surprised this cannot be done with Report Tags. I know for certain we can create that exact report using SQL. Maybe that’s what I need to do…

I see what your saying.
The print entity action seems to be what is needed to automate the print using a printer template however the current tags do not seem to cover recreating the ‘statement’ that is printed with that hard coded template.
I am hoping emre will come back with some of his usual magic to do this simply with a report tag but will see what he says before looking at SQL.
As its been brought up a few times I think it would be good if he can bring something in to do a formatted statement with tags.

I am sure you could recreate with SQL :-p
But given the generalnes of a statement to the samba software I hope emre can see a built in tag/solution should be implemented.

Hopefully he will include a date range expression in the tag :smile:

Oh well… you want to add custom reports inside ticket prints. Well these are entirely different concepts. You can use custom report tags inside tickets to read plain values but printing a custom report inside a ticket is not supported. Ticket Template parser won’t process custom report specific features.

Literally, I do not think that is necessary… we shouldn’t need to use a Ticket/Printer Template at all. A Report Template should suffice.

I am curious to know/understand what is missing from Report Tags that makes this type of Account Statement impossible at this time.

I really think we should concentrate on that. Producing the Report is the first step.

fair enough @emre but can we get access to change the template of the print produced by ‘Print Account Transactions’ action?

I can’t work out a way to replicate this print in either report template or ticket template with the listed report/ticket tags.

{ACCOUNT TRANSACTION DETAILS:X} is the closest I can find but as transaction type is specified it will only list one type of transactions - in mine either sale transaction, cash payment or card payment (my 3 possible account transaction types for bookings accounts. But only 1 type at a time.

The print transactions action produces a list of all transactions debit and credit for a account with a running balance. That is pretty much exactly what is needed for statement but need to be able to customise this to show entity data details etc.

You can’t use OR in your Tx Type spec?

Sorry not following?

OK. I’ve finally finished my inventory stuff (I hope) now we can focus on this.

First of all @JTRTech thank you very much for detailed explanation of your need. Seems like Entity Print with Transaction Details report will solve your issue. I’ll create needed detail report to see if it works fine for that or not.

Report tags works to list in work period values but this report tag will list entire transactions for selected account.

1 Like

@emre looking forward for the statement which an print in A4 paper and send to clients …samba keep growing like tree

1 Like

Hey gsreddy… I’m taking samples as shown on the post I mentioned below. I’ll be glad to read if you have something specific not covered there…

@JTRTech It is not very clear what you mean with tags like {ENTITY NAME:Rooms}, {ENTITY DATA:Account} etc… What entities you have and which entity you’re planning to use to print that statement? Room or Customer entity? Can you post your entity custom fields here?

@gsreddy a new printer type ‘Document Printer’ was introduced which allows greater formatting for invoices.

Here is what I have done using this Printer Type. It would be great if this header formatting could be included In the Account statement. Report tags that can be included in printer template would be excellent but some way of filtering by date or even last month will be required. Entire transaction list over a couple of years could be 30 pages long.

Even if was possible to edit the account transaction template I think it would help
Here is a sample statement

Here is the statement builder on my accounts package. I know something like this is beyond the scope of this project. Its just to give you an idea of the data imput usually required

3 Likes