Actions, Rules & Automation Commands Explanation

Yer, the database task will clear transactions etc which clearing any settings/automation.

1 Like

Ah did not realize it was just for testing in that case yes you should use the database task to clear all transactions.

How to add a discount with a label to the ticket. (Need discount on the ticket. Everything i have found online added discount to the order) After scanning the Voucher Code, i add the voucher to the ticket and need to provide the discount a per voucher.

My current solution is to add the discount amount as a Custom Item in the Orders list with a negative price. i dont really like it as it is a workaround/dirty fix. Any suggestions?

You use Ticket Calculations for ticket wide discounts.

Go to Manage > Tickets > Calculation Types and create a discount calculation. You have options on how to apply it you can either create a calculation selector and define a header so it works with a button on payment screen, or you define no header to make it automatic, or you do not use calculation selector and instead use automation with the Update ticket Calculation action.

It would depend on how your accounting for your vouchers on selling?
Vouchers were separate to the coupons right? prepaid vouchers?

Yeap… Coupons we will just add products and mark them free…

Vouchers we have a set discount amount that needs to be put onto the ticket.

I see the Manage>Tickets>Calculation Types…

But that shows up on the payment screen. I need to be able to add this discount onto the ticket before we reach the payment screen as it will be printed in the bill that goes before settling.

You can add calculation before payment screen, just setup the automation to set the calculation amount…
So is voucher like a prepaid card or a coupon with a value rather than a product? ie, they didnt pay for the voucher…

yeah… we issue a cash voucher depending on the amount a customer spends.

On their next order, they can use this voucher along with the payment. We are expecting the customers to provide us the voucher code when they place an order, so we can add this voucher to the ticket and provide the relative price discount on the ticket.

Coupons pretty much the same thing, but a product instead of cash… So ideally i would just add that product into the ticket with a Free tag when the coupon number is provided.

Arr ok, so its similar to a coupon but with a voucher, I wasnt sure if you were selling vouchers in which cace you would likely need to account diferently that discount but should work for your purpose.

ok. I’ll try to implement this calculation. on the ticket using voucher.

while im working on this thing… i have a question on the side…

Since SambaPOS is a POS software, does it not have a simple way for an end user to create promotions and offers like buy 2 get 1 free and things like that? I can not possibly expect my client to be able to do all this on their own.

Like some core features that i may have missed out on somehow?

No there isnt a built in promotions setup, youll need to manually create them using the actions and rules and also create ways to remove the offer if an item is removed from the ticket

Configeration task in theory would be the solution, you make the automation and then use them to make a Configeration task with prompts which they run and just specify bits in the prompts.

Alright… another Hiccup!

This rule works without the {ENTITY DATA:Voucher:Reddemed} Equals ‘No’ condition, but when i add this condition, it fails. In the Coffee Shop example the same thing works for the coupon… Am i doing something wrong here ?

Check that entity data tag in a a message, is it showing expected value?

Strange… it works now… it seems the rules at POS dont get refreshed if i dont close the Rules List view in the manage section.

However, still got a bit of an issue… i have an expiry date to check that doesnt seem to work.

The voucher has a field ‘Expiration Date’ which is a Date type value…

So i need to check it here like this…
{ENTITY DATA:Voucher:Expiration Date} Greater {DATE}

Doesnt seem to work… any special way to compare date values ?

Nevermind, Fixed it… Had to use the Before/After thing to compare… So that solves my Vouchers completely!
Will run some tests and see how things go. :slight_smile:

If you want it to work only when it meets all 3 of your constraints then change MATCHES to MATCHES ALL instead

@digithai I clicked on those links and they are expired links…are they any other links I can use to read about actions, rules and automation commands