Activation issues

Hi,

i am seeing following issues with Version 5.5.0.

I have setup two Windows user account on the same PC.

Admin account was setup successfully and SAMBAPOS activated without any issues. i then created another user account called staff - under this account SAMBAPOS display below error message when trying to activate it.

For every windows account it will ask to activate? is this correct behaviour?

Windows User account:

Main - (Admin account)
Staff (local account)

[General Info]

Application: SambaPOS
Version: 5.2.3
Region: en
DB: SQ
Machine: NABAB-PC
User: Main
Date: 7/6/2022
Time: 12:20 PM

User Explanation:

Main said “”

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type: System.ComponentModel.Composition.CompositionException
Message: The composition produced a single composition error. The root cause is provided below. Review the CompositionException.Errors property for more detailed information.

1. A duplicated module with name ProLicenseModule has been found by the loader.

Resulting in: An exception occurred while calling the ‘OnImportsSatisfied’ method on type ‘Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions.Modularity.MefModuleManager’.

Resulting in: Cannot activate part ‘Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions.Modularity.MefModuleManager’.
Element: Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions.Modularity.MefModuleManager → Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions.Modularity.MefModuleManager → AssemblyCatalog (Assembly=“Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35”)

Resulting in: Cannot get export ‘Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions.Modularity.MefModuleManager (ContractName=“Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Modularity.IModuleManager”)’ from part ‘Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions.Modularity.MefModuleManager’.
Element: Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions.Modularity.MefModuleManager (ContractName=“Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Modularity.IModuleManager”) → Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions.Modularity.MefModuleManager → AssemblyCatalog (Assembly=“Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35”)

Source: System.ComponentModel.Composition
Stack Trace: at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.CompositionServices.GetExportedValueFromComposedPart(ImportEngine engine, ComposablePart part, ExportDefinition definition)
at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.CatalogExportProvider.GetExportedValue(CatalogPart part, ExportDefinition export, Boolean isSharedPart)
at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.CatalogExportProvider.CatalogExport.GetExportedValueCore()
at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Primitives.Export.get_Value()
at System.ComponentModel.Composition.ExportServices.GetCastedExportedValue[T](Export export)
at System.ComponentModel.Composition.Hosting.ExportProvider.GetExportedValueCore[T](String contractName, ImportCardinality cardinality)
at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions.MefBootstrapper.InitializeModules()
at Samba.Presentation.Bootstrapper.InitializeModules()
at Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions.MefBootstrapper.Run(Boolean runWithDefaultConfiguration)
at Samba.Presentation.App.RunInReleaseMode()

[Assembly Info]

mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Domain, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure.Data, Version=1.0.0.0
System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.LayoutControl.v16.2, Version=16.2.6.0
System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v16.2, Version=16.2.6.0
System, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v16.2.Core, Version=16.2.6.0
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Runtime.Serialization, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Core.v16.2, Version=16.2.6.0
System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Persistance, Version=1.0.0.0
Stateless, Version=1.0.0.0
PropertyTools, Version=2012.4.14.1
Samba.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0
ReachFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
EntityFramework, Version=6.0.0.0
FluentValidation, Version=3.4.0.0
Microsoft.CSharp, Version=4.0.0.0
Omu.ValueInjecter, Version=2.3.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, Version=1.0.0.0
DevExpress.Data.v16.2, Version=16.2.6.0
WindowsInput, Version=1.0.4.0

[System Info]

Operating System
-Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
–CodeSet = 1252
–CSDVersion =
–CurrentTimeZone = 60
–FreePhysicalMemory = 9083712
–OSArchitecture = 64-bit
–OSLanguage = 1033
–ServicePackMajorVersion = 0
–ServicePackMinorVersion = 0
–Version = 10.0.19044

Machine
-NABAB-PC
–Manufacturer =
–Model =
–TotalPhysicalMemory = 12747309056
–UserName = NABAB-PC\Main

Have you tried running the License app as an Administator?

Right Click and press Run as Administrator

i have managed to use below work around.
crate the user account as Administrator, activate the Sambapos Licensing then then change the user account to Local. which worked.

Also tried running License App as an Administrator, which also worked.

However, randomly when sampos is loading it resets the license and have to go through the whole process.

This has happened on two different systems, all with fresh installation.

Can you please give me your license email for checking ?
Did you use this license between more than 1 computer ?

Can you please give me your license email for checking ?

Licence was registered under:

i had to revert back to old sampos verison because i could not take the risk of implementing the sambaapos v.5.5.0. and licence resetting on live resturant.

we recently had a SSD failure on the main PC, i then had to setup from scratch and was testing between two PC’s.

Licence was activated on main PC and then on 2nd machine, when i observed the issues intermittently.

Did you use this license between more than 1 computer ?

No, licence was only used on Main PC where SQL was setup and then on 2nd client PC.

So you did use it in two? You said on main pc and on second pc so that’s two pc. You should only run it on the server. Then start sambapos on the server and then start all the clients you do not have to run it more than once.