Adding tip increase item's prices:

When we add a tip via Calculation type: as shown we can see that we selling the item selling price is 21:

so when we co to the item sales report:

Because it is a calculation type it adds the amount to the item which is wrong. So end of the month when i calculate TAX i have to pay on the tips as it increased the item’s price.
Is there an other way to do the add tip with an automation command , a Action: account transaction and a rule?

Ticket calculations don’t add to items, they are ticket related. It could be the report syntax. Show us your calculation setup.

Also the report syntax. Likely we just need to edit the report to show correctly.

Ok great but this is the standard item sales report with samba:
[Group Sales by Amount:2, 1, 1]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup,O.ExactTotal.Percent.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True)}

Total|{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True)}

[Group Sales by Quantity:2, 1, 1]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup,O.Quantity.Percent.desc,O.Quantity.Sum:(ODI=True)}

Total||{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.Quantity.Sum:(ODI=True)}

[Sales:5, 2, 2,1]
@{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True):{0}:,}

{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.MenuItemName,O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName=“$1”}
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:’ '+[O.PortionName],O.Quantity.Sum.desc,O.ExactTotal.Sum.desc:(ODI=True) and O.MenuItemName=“$1”:2}

Same with the work period report:
[Sales:1, 1]
{REPORT TICKET TYPES:!PreOrder && TotalAmount >= 0}

[Pre Orders:1, 1]
{REPORT TICKET TYPES:PreOrder && TotalAmount >= 0}

[Refunds:1, 1]
{REPORT TICKET TYPES:TotalAmount < 0}

[Payments:2, 1, 2]
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:Payment.Amount > 0}

Total|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.Sum:Payment.Amount > 0}

[Refund Payments:2, 1, 2]
{REPORT REFUND PAYMENTS}

[Ticket Details:2, 1, 2]

Ticket Counts
@!{TICKET TYPE LIST}
$1|{REPORT TICKET COUNT:(TY=$1)}|{REPORT TICKET TOTAL:(TY=$1)}
Total|{REPORT TICKET COUNT}|{REPORT TICKET TOTAL}
Amount per Ticket||[=F(TN(‘{REPORT TICKET TOTAL}’)/TN(‘{REPORT TICKET COUNT}’))]
Order Counts
@!{TICKET TYPE LIST}
$1|{REPORT ORDER COUNT:(TY=$1)}|{REPORT ORDER TOTAL:(TY=$1)}
Total|{REPORT ORDER COUNT: }|{REPORT ORDER TOTAL: }
Orders per Ticket||[=F(TN(‘{REPORT ORDER COUNT: }’)/TN(‘{REPORT TICKET COUNT: }’))]
Amount per Order||[=F(TN(‘{REPORT ORDER TOTAL: }’)/TN(‘{REPORT ORDER COUNT: }’))]
Ticket Counts per State
{REPORT TICKET STATES}
Order Counts per State
{REPORT ORDER STATES}

[Ticket Tags:1, 1, 1]
{REPORT TICKET TAGS}

[Payment Details:2, 1, 2]
@{TICKET TYPE LIST}
@{TAX TYPE LIST}

$1
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:(TY=$1)}
{REPORT CALCULATION DETAILS:C.Name,C.X,C.CalculationAmount.Sum:(TY=$1)}
$2||{REPORT TICKET DETAILS:TX.$2.Sum:(TY=$1)}

[User Sales:1, 1]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.User,O.ExactTotal.Sum}
@{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.User,P.Amount.Sum::{0}:,}
[Settled by $1:1, 1, 1]
{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Name,P.Amount.Percent,P.Amount.Sum:(PU=$1)}

Total Income|{REPORT PAYMENT DETAILS:P.Amount.Sum:(PU=$1)}

[Item Sales:2, 1, 2]
{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ItemGroup,O.ExactTotal.Percent,O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True)}
Total||{REPORT ORDER DETAILS:O.ExactTotal.Sum:(ODI=True)}

Which gives me:

Show how you setup calculation. Btw you can format syntax in forum by highlighting it and pressing the </> button.

This is my set up:

Ok you setup transaction type wrong. It should not be payment accounts it should be sales account for default source. It also should go into receivables not tips

So Source Account Type should be Sales Accounts, Target Account Type should be receivables, Default Source should be Tips, Default Target should be receivables.

1 Like

Hi Kendash
I stil get the same:

Is it not due to the fact that tips are under calculation type, as with discount (calculation type) which decreases item prices even on the reports, that tips will increase the price?

It should not be affecting item price… let me do some testing. Calculations are ticket based not order based. One moment I will do some tests.

EDIT: Hmm interesting… it is reporting the calculation on item price in reports… let me see whats going on…

Thank you kendash, it also effects all other reports containing to item prices

Good day Kendash, Any news on this?

I saw this post and I tested all calculation types, including the default Discount and round ones, and it seems they do add or remove from item prices. Strange indeed.

##Transaction Type

##Calculation Type

##Sell $3 Item with $2 Tip

##Transaction Document Transactions (correct)

##Account Screen (correct)

##Item Sales Report (correct)

##Workperiod Report (correct)

This did fix my tips, but my discount and rounding are still giving me the error

this is correct, because if you discount an item or the whole the price does decrease and it does influence your costing