Age Check for selling drinks

change something in the rule? i removed the old actions and added my actions with the new states im guessing thats wrong?

im not sure what else im suppose to change

What I am saying is… you made the state change too Confirmed - No ID Required The rule that fires the question is looking for State Confirmed

So if your state is now Confirmed - No ID Required It will see that it is not Confirmed and it will launch question again.

ive added that but its still asking for it every time :frowning:

You did tell it to Not Equals… right? Your dealing with states… and more exactly your dealing with a process setup to look for states to decide what to do… you changed one of the states it was setup to look for… you have to adjust it so it flows with the new state… just look at it and think about it.

Pretty sure i used the same as the one got the arrow next to in you screen shot above, i added it as a 3rd constraint

Ive just popped to shop so ill double check i did not equals in a few mins when im back

yep its set no not equals

Umm you changed BOTH lol you can not change something expecting us to understand you changed it…

Now you need to make sure everything else that was using state confirmed is changed to use the Confirmed - valid no/proof blah blah.

You need to make sure it is changing it to that new state correctly.

When dealing with states its VERY specific flow… you can not just change wording and expect it to understand. You have to follow a specific flow…

the 2nd one i changed when originally setting it up and that works absolutely fine, its the 3rd one that im doing now that wont work that ive just created and added. if i revert back without the 3rd constraint it all works fine

The reason it is looping is because the state it is in… is neither of those… so double check spelling and format make sure its exact in the action that changed the state. Remember your telling it to check something… it can only check that something if its exactly written the same down to spaces.

ive double checked it any everything matches i just cant figure out why it keeps asking as it appears to set correctly

order added to ticket rule

automatic command executed rule

update order state

update ticket state

I do not see the action changing it to Confirmed - Valid ID/Proof of Age Seen

You do realize none of the Ticket States will show on ticket for anyone other than Admin because they are not defined to show on ticket. So changing those names is strictly novelty for you to see as an admin. It wont have anything to do with your employee’s

I advise not messing with ticket states when presented in a tutorial unless you know how too translate it through rest of tutorial.

This tutorial is setup so the States are a process that happen in background. Admin can see all states so you can debug issues in setups if need be and to understand tickets and what happened to the tickets.

If you follow this tutorial… when a non admin enters a drink none of those states show on ticket… the only thing that shows is the Ticket Tag at bottom that shows Customer’s Birthday. Waiter does not need to know the state… it will either add or not allow them to add product…

If you want the states to show on ticket you need to actually define the states in Settings/States and check the show on ticket button.

Just for anyone interested here is this same tutorial in a Database Tools import file with completely seperate action/rule system so it will not interfere with any naming issues if you modified stock Samba Actions. I modified it a little to add a question when the item is entered to determine if the customer clearly looks of age to confirm without prompting for Birthday.

Age Check.zip (1.5 KB)

NOTE: This includes everything… you do still need to set True for each of your products Confirm Age Custom Tag.

1. Import this file using Database Tools
  2. Set Confirm Age Custom Tag to true for every item you want this Age Check

Finally: It is set to ask if customer looks 40. You can change this by editing the Age Check_Ask if Customer Looks 40 action and insert your own Question text.

Hi @Emre and @Jesse, i want to adapt my rule here so that if i customer buys items that are not restricted eg crisps etc and then in the same transaction attempts to buy an age restricted item such as alcohol when they fail the age check ALL items on the ticket need to cancel. currently only the age restricted product cancels and as i have abort rules and auto log out, when the age is not valid the age restricted items changes balance to zero and ticket closes. This leaves any non age restricted items on the ticket so it is still open and i have to manually go back to the ticket to cancel it (more often than not it someone is refused alcohol they will not want anything so the whole ticket would need cancelling anyway.

here is the screenshot of what happens:

1. four non restricted items added to ticket
  2. then a restricted product is added and prompts to enter customers birthday
  3. customer birthday is too young so the restricted product is cancelled from ticket and ticket closes and logs out
  4. the first four items dont cancel and they stay on the ticket leaving it open, so i have to manually go into the ticket to cancel the rest of the ticket with my cancel order button

what do i need to do so that when the customer fails the age check EVERYTHING on the ticket turns blue and quantity changes to zero so the whole ticket cancels?

Any ideas on my above issue @QMcKay?

What if the customer does decide to stay and get the rest of the items? Maybe what you need is an ask question to determine if they are still purchasing rest of items or not?

Id just log back in and quickly scan the other items in a new ticket as i want the original ticket to fully abort and cancel all items on it. More often than not the whole order needs cancelling anyway

You got any ideas what i need to change or add for the full order to cancel and not just the age restricted item?

Create an action like that. Executing it after canceling new orders will void all old orders with Age Check Issue reason and also notify kitchen.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestion @emre however that doesnt work, it only voids the age restricted item, all other items on the ticket still remain and ticket remains open.

I currently use my abort action in the rule which does the same as your void suggestion and only cancels the age restricted item. If i use my abort rule when clicking my cancel order button it works perfectly and cancels all orders on the ticket

Do you have anymore ideas on how to cancel all orders on the ticket when age restricted item is refused?

@Jesse @QMcKay