[ANSWERED] Entity Screens: Possible to show specific screen only on login?

Not sure why its very strange… but after running the backup to send to you… it now works. Something must have been messed up in my DB and I am not sure why running a backup fixed it. And yes even closed the program and went back in and it was not working. But doing the db backup fixed it lol.

Now the only thing left to do is figure out how to map the two Autocommand buttons to the New Popup Buttons.

The button demonstration you had did not map to the Autocommand buttons. Is that working?

OK so you can ignore my reply to your PM :slight_smile:

Yeah I dont know something was odd with the DB i guess. So the backup didnt even run correctly either… yet it fixed my issue … how strange

Got it working flawlessly its really worried me how smooth its working now haha. TimeTrex is working great and the setup with popup is recording punches perfectly. I am going to write up a tutorial for anyone wanting to try TimeTrex and wish to do a similar integration.

I have gotten rid of the complext batch and HotKey script calls. It now operates off one .bat file for each user and a single php script for each user. I wrap the .bat file in a vbs script that hides the cmd completely during the batch operation so it seems to the user that it is Samba doing it all they never have to leave samba to punch.

2 Likes

I am going to point out that the original question I asked with this post is now not relevant the popup achieved my result I was seeking with a more elegant and professional simple approach. The popup at first log-in is much more user friendly and will be more natural for just about every employee.

Start Process can be hidden… can you explain why you need the VBS to do this? I have several BAT files that run without being seen.

Its something I have always done. I know I can run them minimized and I know that most of them just close themselves unless its an open loop. But I like them to be truly invisible and the way I have always done it is with

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run chr(34) & "f:..\..\Batfile.bat" & Chr(34), 0
Set WshShell = Nothing

I was hoping I could use the Scripts function of Samba to load a php script without need of batch files at all. But I couldnt get it to work so I assume it was there for a specific purpose thats not used anymore.

BTW the implementation I have now with this integration project only uses 1 .bat file And I have figured out a way to pull out functionality from the TimeTrex and build it into Samba using Command Buttons. Screenshot to show my structure… its not working yet until HTML5 version obviously but the buttons do work… they open a web browser right now so I can test it.

Clicking on Check Schedule will load their specific schedule on the screen widget to the right. It will ask for their password but it already knows their Username. Request time off will send them to that screen. Each instance it only gives them access to that specific screen so it appears almost as if its Samba doing it. Very clean implementation.

What it looks like on first log in for employees. Any more log ins through the same Work Period will not prompt it. Thanks to Emre for sharing this technique.

I have it setup so if an employee tries to clock in on a unscheduled day it will warn them they are not scheduled and make them acknowledge it before it sends their punch. It then sends an exception to my admin screen for me to investigate.

Hi kendash,
The setup of the Sambapos terminals is getting in a stage were I going to implement this soon in our Restaurant.
I would like that the Waiter has no access to the Admin Screen, but when login only the POS Screen.
Is there still an option to start and end the work period without the admin screen.

The main screen is not an admin screen. But you can restrict roles from accessing specific screens. Look at users roles.

Hi Kendash,

Thanks for the reply, If I vink
Admin, than the user has right to the Main Screen and all functions.

If I remove the vink, yes then only access to the POS Terminal screen.
My issue here is the the Waiter\cashier comes in the Restaurant and start the working period and also can end the working period.
So my question is of there is an option to disable Tickets, Accounts, Warehouses,Samba Market, Reports and Manage from the main screen with a specific login (Waiter) without having the Admin vinked.

Take Admin option off and check Can Enter Navigation. Everything you mentioned is right there in your screenshot.

Hi Kendash,

I have done this (Admin off) and we enter direct in the POS screen and not in The Main screen.
So not able to start stop work period.

Read what I typed. Take it off and enable Can Enter Navigation Screen.

Navigation Screen = Main Screen.

Hi Kendash,

It’s so simple if you know were to look, Thanks this works.

I’m now working 5 day’s and SambaPos is great but I’m still a newbie but learning fast.
There are many manuals and tutorials and the community help is great.
there are still some items and issues I like to change, but I give the time to sort out myself first.