Application stuck at loading screen. Urgent fix needed

Post the content of the Log File found here …

[Documents]\SambaPOS5\log.txt

Unable to paste it here so I’m sending the file
log.zip (237.9 KB)

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type:        System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
Message:     A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 50 - Local Database Runtime error occurred. Error occurred during LocalDB instance startup: SQL Server process failed to start.
)

The DB engine is not running. Specifically:

Error occurred during LocalDB instance startup: SQL Server process failed to start.

If you Google that ^ phrase, there are many links to “solutions”. But be warned: many of them involve data loss.

Locate your MDF and LDF files… these are your Database. Likey, they will be SambaPOS5.mdf and SambaPOS.ldf, but if not, backup all MDF/LDF files that you can find to a safe place before trying any of the solutions.

This one seemed fairly viable:

2 Likes

Well. I couldn’t make it work. Is it possible to restore my database on another computer?

What database are you using? Do you have SQLExpress? We need much more information from you in order to help… what do you mean you couldn’t make it work?

SQL express. Can I’ve my backup restored to another computer?

You can probably fix it by uninstalling SQL Express reinstalling it and then loading the backup. Yes you can restore it on a different computer but you may need to clear and reactivate license key.

1 Like

You are not using SQL Express, you are using SQL LocalDB based on the error log you submitted earlier.

Even if you have installed SQL Express, you have SambaPOS configured to use SQL LocalDB.

2 Likes

So what can I do in this situation?

You can still connect to localDB using MSSQLM, try that and see what happens.

As I see you posted this as an urgent fix 5 days ago and still haven’t got this working yourself, maybe you can consider using paid support to have someone experienced with SambaPOS and SQL assist you to resolve this issue or at least restore a previous backup.

I have sent you a PM regarding this.

2 Likes