Ask a Question for End WorkPeriod, and abort Ending if Answer is No

I want to be able to abort a WorkPeriod End if the use answers No to a Question.

So I set up the following, but it doesn’t seem to abort the WP End…

Ask Question Action:

Action to perform if user answers “No” (displays a custom Entity screen for Payouts):

Rule to capture event for Before WP Ends, to fire Action to Ask Question:

Rule to capture Automation Command from Ask Question and Display Entity Screen:

Here is the problem:
When try to end WorkPeriod, the Question is asked, and I click No for an answer, but the Entity screen is not shown, and the WP ends anyway.

Is there something else I can try to get my desired behavior?

I think a Close Work Period action would help you do this. I would love to have this action myself. Personally anyway I can do things without using the Main Menu I prefer :stuck_out_tongue: I would not use Main Menu at all for closing work periods, Browsing tickets, Viewing Accounting… heck the only thing I really would want in a Main Menu is stricly the settings and maybe market type stuff.

2 Likes

I completely agree - I would like to avoid using Main Menu myself. This is one of the reasons I asked for actions to Display Account Screen and Display Entity Screen (which we can do in a roundabout way via Automation Command anyway, so it’s moot)

I have not found a way to view account screen yet. Have you?

EDIT: Sorry for off topic.

No, I haven’t found a way for Accounts. The trick for Display Entity screen works well (Change Ticket Entity Action), and I asked if there was a similar trick to bring up an Account Screen, but no luck so far.

So we need to start, stop work periods, and navigate through modules via actions?

2 Likes

Any recent updates that support this scenario @emre? I need to be able to abort WorkPeriod End if conditions are not met.

1 Like