Ask question and show message question

I have created a Ask question and also a show message action. is it possible to match a show message to a ask question value? For example as you can see on the attached image there’s ENETS, CREDIT CARD AND CANCEl.

and if i click on enets it will show the show message action which i created and also due to the rules i have set it to show after ask question action

I will be creating another show message action for CREDIT CARD and i want this show message to show only when CREDIT CARD is selected.

As for the cancel button, when user click on it, it actually acts like a “Back” button and user can go back and continue selecting food and not close ticket immediately.

is it possible to achieve all the above points?

If im following correctly what you need to do is define a value for the ENETS button.
In the ask question action set ENETS=AQ-ENETS (AQ-ENETS) can be whatever you want but this will then be fired as an automation command value.
You can then set your show message action in an automation command exacted event rule with a constraint of Command Value equals AQ-ENETS.
Does that sound like an answer to your question?

Thanks so much its spot on!

As for this point do you know if there’s any solution for it?

As for the cancel button, when user click on it, it will act like a "Back" button where user can go back and continue selecting food

How are you triggering the ask question at the minute?

when user click on “Click here to print your bill” the ask question action will be trigger.

this is my print bill rule and “AC Payment type (Ask)” is the ask question action

Mark ticket as closed on print bill?
How does samba log payment?

this is a food ordering kiosk where user can just select their food without having to pay for it first. they will only pay for it after they bring the printed receipt to the main counter of the restaurant (where the cashier will have another sambapos running that proceed with the payment) so both of the sambapos are linked together

As for cancel you would need to split the workflow…
Print bill would ask the question, then the rest of the actions would need to fire on the other buttons either beside your show message action or by separate rule with mach any constraints of command value = AQ-ENETS or command value = AQ-CreditCard

Why would you mark ticket as closed before payment - would just mean you have to reopen the ticket in order to input payment.
Why cant you just close the ticket?

because i need the pos to start a new order for the customer next in line

Im so sorry… but can you provide me an example on how to achieve this?

As for cancel you would need to split the workflow...
Print bill would ask the question, then the rest of the actions would need to fire on the other buttons either beside your show message action or by separate rule with mach any constraints of command value = AQ-ENETS or command value = AQ-CreditCard

It is the same principle as the show message to follow the ask question.
You could add an exacute automation command for 3 step flow

STEP 1
BUTTON = Print Bill --> Ask Question Action

STEP 2
ASK QUESTION --> ENETS=AQ-ENETS
ASK QUESTION --> Credit Card=AQ-Credit Card
ASK QUESTION --> Cancel

Command Value = AQ-ENETS --> Show Message Action (ENETS) & Execute Automation Command Action (KioskClose)
Command Value = AQ-Credit Card --> Show Message Action (Credit Card) & Execute Automation Command Action (KioskClose)
Cancel = just close and no action.

STEP 3
Command Value = KioskClose --> That rule you screenshot just change to KioskClose for constraint rather than print bill which is now fireing the ask question.

Close ticket would still start a new ticket (if you dont have autologout enabled)???

The reason why i added the click here to print bill is for user to print the bill once they click on it. If i change the constraint value to kioskclose, will the user still be able to print bill?

Yes, if you follow the flow (see step 3)
Rather than the print bill button exacutiting the actions in your screen shot they are ‘held back’ untill after the user has selected ENETS or Credit Card via the exacute automation command in step 2.

The print bill just asks the question, then depending on which button is pressed those actions only happen if they select ENETS or Credit Card.

This ‘break’ in the flow is required if you want the cancel on the ask question to go back to the ticket as if cancel is selected the ask question closes and no futher actions are triggered.

i see… thank you. so that means I will have to create a action first and name it “KioskClose” ? whats the action type for " KioskClose“ ?

Execute Automation Command…
Its like imitating a button press…

for the KioskClose automation command what should i select under visibility?

Its not an automation command (button) its an action of exacute automation command.
That action in essence allows you to automation a button press and you dont need to have an automation command (button).

Let me try another way, when you create an automation command (button) pressing it is the same as the action of execute automation command.

so when I create KioskClose action, the automation command name should be left empty?