At what point can I store Ticket Id on a ticket

You’ll… as I’ve shown on last screenshot. It have a constraint to check ticket state.

1 Like

Oh sorry missed that… you added the constraint… Ok that makes sense. Is this something I can do now? It looks like it should be.

You opened my eyes up to more uses for States… thank you

IT WORKED!! Never dawned on me to use States that way… AWESOME solution. The only POS solution I have ever seen that can handle this complex of a system are VERY LARGE retailers like Walmart. That says a lot towards Samba because it is flexible enough to do just about anything.

2 Likes

This has inspired me to try more things with states. It seems very versatile.

OK @Jesse you are slowly coming to a point where I call Restaurant Engineering :slight_smile: Reading a little theoretical information about State Machines might be interesting. Since we built most features on that simple idea you’re able to configure SambaPOS as we’ve never predicted or change how it operates on default. I know a lot of businesses tries to deal with inefficiency because of incorrectly configured automation systems for their businesses. I hope more people understands how important it is.

I have an advantage that I do not need to immediately go live with this. I am taking all the time I need to ensure it runs smoothly and I have thoroughly tested my implementation. Part of me is probably enjoying this process a little too much and I may need to back off on some of my plans but on the other hand Samba has allowed me to setup processes that I could never have done with a different POS solution.

I will probably end up backing off on some features when I go live. But I am pushing this and testing with as big of ambitions as I can because when I do go live I want to understand it fully so I can support it at any level in the future.

1 Like

What you mentioned is what really drew me to Samba. I was looking for a flexible POS system that I could control for the most part. I did not want something that I just paid someone and was confined to their way of doing everything. I wanted control and I wanted to be able to implement changes my way If need be. There is no other POS software that will allow that I have looked. I have had people come out and give me very good demos, I have Paid for trials, NONE of them gave me the control and the comfort that SambaPOS will once I do go live.

With Samba I can mold it and create situations that actually work. With other POS software I would have to break something to get it to work how I wanted. And that could come back to bite me or it could pay off. But with Samba I have more control over the end result and how to get to the end result ensuring that changes I do make are built on a more sound platform.

I really believe this is a truly unique piece of software and its only matter of time before it explodes. I don’t know all of your plans with it but its one of those rare things you find that just kind of blow you away and you wish you found it sooner. I had looked at over 200 POS systems… Yes there are that many… hell probably a lot more. And I never chose one until now.

1 Like

Btw I have stumbled across a method that has allowed me to turn on a nontax mode and turn it off middle of transaction. It mixes taxed md nontaxed at the checkout level so I do not have to do anything with my items. It even separates the sales in accounting for the same ticket.

Hi @Jesse @emre this is just what ive been trying to do!! ive got part of this setup working, autoprint works and prints my receipt with ticket ID wahoo!!

What i need to do is have separate Execute Auto Print rules for different payment types, i need one for Cash, Card and vouchers. I looked at the constraint @emre posted above but i dont think im doing it right. What constraint can i add to these autoprint rules so that it will only print if cash payment is selected, as i need different receipts to print when i select Card, and voucher

EDIT - In fact all i need it do to if it is easier is to print 2 copies of the receipt if payment type used is by card (customer copy and store copy) any ideas?

my only issue now is when i open a previous ticket and click the close button autoprint kicks in opens my cash drawer and prints another receipt. when opening a previous ticket and closing it i dont want anything to happen other than the ticket closing.

Ive setup the disable autoprint action and rules but the receipts still print on close, what do i need to do to stop this?

You need to set it so it clears autoprint on ticket opened. So on Ticket Opened rule put an action that Sets AUTOPRINT state to blank.

is this correct? i originally had “current state” blank and that didnt work, should this?

EDIT that doesnt work either

it should all be blank. except State Name. Put it on Ticket Opened rule.

When are you changing the state for print?

i fixed it if you look at my screen shot i spelt autoprint wrong ooops!!! i put autoRprint

working now thank again :slight_smile:

1 Like