Automate Work Periods

Hey again,

Just wondering if there is functionality to automate work periods in V5? I searched but could only find threads for V4 saying it wasn’t possible,

Thanks!

There is an end and start work period actions in V5 but it is not recommended to automate work periods, these were implemented to allow automation command buttons and/or custom nav screen control of work periods.

1 Like

I appreciate your reply.

We are a restaurant with fixed working hours. It would be ideal to automate work periods (maitre’d used to do this for us) as I’m not entirely confident people will remember to do this at the start/end of each day. Can I ask what the downside of automating is?

Thanks!

Not sure what would happen if a ticket was left open for example (WP cant be closed with open tickets)
Believe the recommendation is to automate a reminder and or have work period end based on reminder response.

2 Likes

You should automate reminders. Automating actual close is not good. You wouldn’t put a robot to automate door closing what if a late customer got stuck in door. I know that sounds silly but it can relate exactly the same.

2 Likes