Back Button for multiple tickets

What he is saying is he anticipated a possibility. There would be no difference in function except the possibility @qmckay just demonstrated.

It does get selected for the Ticket in that case, and the Ticket is created at that time.

My system is set to Create Ticket mode, not Select Entity. So I can add Orders to a Ticket first, then choose my Table. In that case, no Entity has been selected during Ticket creation, because the act of adding Orders creates the Ticket.

This is why it is safer and more flexible to store the Entity on Ticket Closing.

Me and qmckay often help many people on the forum so we both have gotten into the habit of looking beyond just a specific setup and we offer flexible examples that many others may use. Both points of tagging would work the same in your case but it would not in case where Create Ticket is primary mode.

Gotchaā€¦ yea i was just wonderingā€¦ Im just trying to understand how everything worksā€¦ how the actions are applied and how to rules apply them based on the commandsā€¦ i think the thing thats confusing me is i dont fully understand what the commands areā€¦ and what they doā€¦ i feel like its just a guessing game haha. Some stuff is starting to click but alot of it is still over my headā€¦ Im a internal systems administrator for my current job so i could tell you anything you need to know about active directory and group policies and workstationsā€¦ even networking and subnetsā€¦ vlans and vpns and terminal services and vdi thinclientsā€¦ but other than some powershell scripting this is over my head cause there is not map to follow of what goes whereā€¦ how and whyā€¦

So while working on this I noticed that when I add a ticket to a table I can no longer print the bill for those tablesā€¦ Only the latest table allows it as the ticket status shows as unpaidā€¦ All the previous tickets are showing as newā€¦ Closing the ticket does not change the stateā€¦ Iā€™m not sure what is causing thisā€¦ I will post screen shots tomorrow. My guess would be that the new ticket rule is somehow marking the latest ticket as new order then unpaid and changing the other tickets on the table to new.

Does the new ticket rule have a change state action? if not then its not that rule. Look for that specific action. A rule does not change state unless you put that action in it. Just remember nothing happens unless you tell it tooā€¦ So if you say its not changing stateā€¦ then find all events that has Update Ticket State action in itā€¦this will tell you when state change is happening.

2 Likes

Is there a way to hide the menu when viewing the ticket list? I would like for it to only be the left side of the screen so that if we need to add a ticket we have to choose that buttonā€¦ now if you click on an item and dont choose the add ticket button it creates a ticket but it does not follow the flow that i want of choosing the seat numberā€¦ its not a huge deal i just want to keep the flow consistantā€¦ i dont want one employee to do it one way and another do it another way.

There is no method to hide the Menu.

In V5, we have the ability to switch menus on-the-fly within the same Department. So theoretically, we could have it load an empty Menu when the Ticket List is opened, then when you click Add Ticket, we load the original populated menu.

1 Like

You can also design your own custom entity screen to make a ticket lister and add you own buttons and customise it exactly how youd like (in V5 coming soon)

2 Likes

@RickH can this be done in v4?

J

Not in the format i have in the screenshot, that formatting isnt available until V5

You can still do a custom entity screen in V4 to show the same info it just cant be formatted in the way i have

Did someone else tried this setup ? I did all from the start and the ā€œBACKā€ button does exactly the same thing like CLOSE Button.

I need the BACK button to have the same function like CLOSE button number 2(in the settle menu)

What is the difference between the CLOSE(from where you are ordering products) and the other CLOSE(in the SETTLE menu )
Thanks

In settle screen close closes the settle screen so you can go back to pos screen, this is hard coded an canā€™t be changed

Close in pos screen allows ticket to be closed when entity or ticket tag assigned, it can then be reopened later to add more orders or to pay it

ok, thank you. But have you tried the tutorial above ? Itā€™s uses the CLOSED function: So when I hit BACK, does the same thing like CLOSE(send orders to printer). I will need the BACK button only to ā€œgo backā€, and see the table.

What do you say ? can be done, or another way ? thanks @RickH

Can you show your close rule and actions so we can see how youve set it up

This will be much easier in V5 as is a better action we can use to go back to an entity screen

ok. Actions:

Rules:

All have mappings.
Thank you for your help.

First thing ive noticed whilst quickly looking through is that in one action you have spelt Tables with a captial T and in another its all lowercase, tables

The spelling needs to match exactly how your entity name is spelt so if it is Tables, then tables will not work so you will need to change that in your action (if everything else is set up exactly as the tutorial it could just be that spelling thats stopping it working)

1 Like

As @RickH says, you should use exact spelling and exact cAsE. Also, this Rule is not correctā€¦ the values are in placed in the wrong boxes.

1 Like

Thank you,

I will make a test tomorrow at the restaurant. Thanks again for your help. Letā€™s hope that this is the ā€œbugā€ :smile:

Thanks, the last rule was made in a rushā€¦I will try tomorrow and we will see. Thanks for your time guys.

Cheerā€™s