Basic Switch User by Swipe/Numberpad Entered Event

Thanks my switch user automation flow, similar to the other tutorial for switch and hold;

The one which intervens the state flow to prevent kitchen print etc.
Also my cancel of held orders which is actually void without the admin pin but only for orders that were on hold when opened.

Ah ok so that actions not needed for just a basic switch, that’s just for linking into the prompt when logging in and having tickets on hold

Yer, thats the rule which sets the hold states and tag to allow closing without entity etc before ticket is closed.
You could get away with just setting a hold tag to allow closing without entity (but still remove it when ticket is opened again).

I think when I impliment this option to live system I will take out the ability to hold more than one ticket and force user into their held ticket.
Will keep the hold tag ticket list though to still allow other users to see and open if needed.
Although if emre can maybe resolve the focus after ask question issue no reason to remove the prompt :wink: and just drop these two rules in.

1 Like

Ah ok, I just add a ticket tag of current user when a ticket is created but gunna remove that now and just have it set when switch is initiated, I’ll make the changes tomorrow and see if my system now switches quicker and with no need for the delayed auto command by using your new actions and rules :grinning:

That’s what I’ve done at the moment, force user back to their ticket when they log back in after being switched out

Mine is working ok with just delay now the login is triggered from the logout with background true.

Do you allow close ticket without logout? I force login between every ticket to reduce till left logged in etc.
Tag on by default would allow close.

BTW that logout with background true was to replace autologout option as that was scausing the user * issue - not sure if thats been fixed but no harm. Also allows me to set my custom autologout by user/role etc and be more refined. Autologout only selectable by terminal.

Have it so that my personal admin pin doesnt autologout since I know I will close/logout if leaving till - unlike bar/waiting staff LOL

I don’t use close ticket so don’t need to add a ticket tag or entity to each ticket

i have another logout rule that logs out after each transaction is processed/paid in full so each new transaction has to be logged in to do

Then same as you I have it set so my admin role doesn’t auto logout after every transaction and I don’t use the built in terminal auto logout option

1 Like

@JTRTech i still have the same issue:

If no orders then the switch happens instantly, this time no login screen even appears you just see the users switch in bottom left

If i do have orders i have the same issue, users switch but the login screen appears and doesnt log in as the users have already switched before the login screen is displayed

Something you’ve done :-p you’ll see on the sketches screen recording I managed it :wink:
Show how you have it at the minute?

Rule 1

Rule 1 initiates Rule 2 below

Rule 2 initiates Rule 3 below

got to be something to do with an order being added as without an order on the ticker the users switch without even seeing the login screen

add an order to the ticket and it throws it out, switches the user but then displays the login screen

also does yours now not log out if you enter an incorrect pin on the pos screen? mine will still logout even if the pin doesnt exist

just changed the SQL bit to what you said works:

{REPORT SQL DETAILS:SELECT Name FROM Users WHERE PinCode = ‘[:NumberpadValue]’:F.Count}

Is Not Null

but this has stopped the logout happening completely now

EDIT: Fixed that now by removing the quotes from around [:NumberpadValue]

EDIT: Fixed it, i had another logout action happening on ticket closed so the switch user did work but then another rule logged out again!

Thought id deactivated it but id put 1=2 in the action instead of 1==2 to disable it!! just need to constrain it now so it doesnt fire when the switch user rule fires

thanks for your help, Switch User works much better now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The quotes thing is odd, I had it working without, then needed to add them

1 Like