Basics of adding new inventory

Hello all. Just had a friend install Samba POS and then he left on a trip. Got new bottles of beer in and can’t figure out how to add them into the warehouse. Anyone have a basic tutorial on how to add items as they come in to restock? Thank you in advance.

When you receive stock, you will use and Inventory Purchase Document …

That ^ should be set up for you already.

You can make a Purchase using the Management Section or the Warehouses Screen …

##Via Management

Manage > Inventory > Transactions > Add Transaction Document

##Warehouses Screen

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. Maybe I am just thick but I can’t add more bottles of beer to the inventory items. My friend put all the inventory in before he left now I just need to add more. this article talks about inventory primer stock control. I don’t think im there yet.
I go to inventory items > click on an inventory item (SA inti beer) > It has a screen Units and Additional Units, Transaction unit, Multiplier, and Default cost. I don’t want to mess up the existing formula. Is there a glossary of terms and possibly a super basic tutorial of basic transactions? I know I need to start learning this program but I don’t quite know where to start. All help is much appreciated.

Don’t mess with that. That is not how you add Stock. That is how you DEFINE a (new) Inventory Item.

You add Stock using the Warehouse Screen or the Inventory Transactions screen using a Purchase Transaction. Look at my post again - I showed some screenshots of both ways, with the Warehouse Screen being the “easier” preferred method.

1 Like

killer. Thanks. Helps a ton.

I have 2 aspects of my business. Bar sales and Distribution sales.

I buy the beer into distribution (my distribution business) then sell it to Chelawasi (my bar) or out to other bars.

I have a different screen than you do.

Up top I have the option Chelawasi or Distribution.

When I select Distribution it shows a list of the beers I distribute with costs. Most of them are about S/5.7

When I select Chelawasi it gives me a list of inventory I have in the bar. Most of those purchase prices are around S/8

Then to the right I have the options of “display cost” or “Purchase”…I select Purchase on the “BAR” tab and it works great for inventory of “Chelawasi” my bar.

If I click back to Distribution it lists the quantities but the prices are S/8 (the price I pay for the bar)

I can’t get it to add inventory to Distribution. The price it quotes per unit is my “bar” pricing.

So I figured out how to add Bar stock but not distribution stock.