Batch Product Creation with YAML

There will not be built in templates but it will resemble what you saw above with the YAML import template. Likely it will need some specific structure.

Sorry, I am not following… to early in the morning…

Thanks!!!

G.

You wont be able to just press a button and it export them. You will need to create your own template like you do for exporting CSV data. It will be YAML format and we need to know the structure first. I am sure he will release it soon.

This Data Export template should work. @gerlandog if you have non default products can you please paste it into the editor, export a file and send me that file?

[DataExport:0]
@{REPORT MENU ITEM DETAILS:M.Id::|}
{REPORT MENU ITEM DETAILS:M.Name,M.GroupCode,M.Barcode.M.Tag:M.Id == $1:
- Name\: {0}
  GroupCode\: {1}
  Barcode\: {2}
  Tag\: {3}
}
{REPORT PORTION DETAILS:P.Name,P.Price:P.MenuItemId == $1:
    Price\: {1}:
  Portions\: {0}}
{REPORT MENU ITEM TAG DETAILS:T.Name,T.Value:M.Id==$1:
    Value\: {1}:
  Tags\: {0}}
4 Likes

Here you are sir!!!

EDIT: Are there any tags to export Inventory Items and Receipts?

Thanks!!!

G.

Export.zip (614 Bytes)

Now to import them just copy whats inside the file it created and paste it inside Batch Create Products dialog box.

3 Likes

I was about to paste the same screen shot lol.

Seems like @gerlandog uses , as decimal separator so my prices was different.

1 Like

will the , make any troubles here?

Thanks!!

G.

On mine it did. I would think on yours it would not though. Test it on a fresh database and see… or backup your database and then test it.

1 Like

If your decimal separator is , no it won’t make a trouble. Worst thing may happen will be correcting prices with price list editor.

1 Like

If you look at the export file it exported the prices just fine… My regional settings wont allow the , separator so it messes things up… but yours should allow it and it should copy over fine.

2 Likes

Are there any tags to export Inventory Items and Receipts?

so we close the whole cycle of products.

Thanks!!!

G.

Maybe you should just backup > restore and clear database transactions.

Yes, there are Report Tags for Inventory. I don’t think there are any for Recipes.

1 Like

Sorry, I think I missed something here…

Thanks!!!

g.

You can create a backup on system 1, restore it on system 2. So everything comes to system 2. Clearing transactions will allow you to start fresh. Did I misunderstood your need?

yes… sorry…
I just wante to export
Products, menu, inventory and receipts,

I am working on a no licenced machine (just adding stock, testing stucff) and would like to export to the working/licenced machine…

By the way, did you read the PM?

Thanks!!!

G.

Hmm. I see. This is a different case as you already have data in your target machine. That should be handled differently.

I read your PM. Thank you for noticing that.

1 Like

you are most welcome!!!

Thanks!!

G,

I had a couple questions on the YAML:

1. What are all the fields supported via the YAML - are there any that can be populated that aren’t mentioned above?
  2. Am I able to create menu items from YAML, and add relevant fields such as menu item name / header, sub menu tags, etc?

I’m really looking for a way I can add more data in one pass, especially being able to have a different menu button name / header, and being able to add menu subcategories.