Calculation Rate based on Report Expression

Yes these were from older version specifically v3 it predated a lot of the printer tags etc. Early in v4 we used to see them used in some automation’s. Eventually printer tags and report tags replaced them.

Looking of v3 forum for ideas.
Order.Price seems to be one.

1 Like

Either way I dont think these options will provide enough complexity to be equivalent of;

{TICKET ORDER TOTAL EXP:(OS.NewBook GLA=2101)&&(ODI=True)&&(OS.GStatus= )}

1 Like

You mean it does update but the ticket wont reflect it unless you refresh right?

No I mean you have set a fixed amount do adding orders/change of total wouldnt cause a recalculation anyway surely since its a ‘fixed amount’ rather than a calculated calculation like a rate is.

If this custom method would support report expressions it could be so much more powerful and resolve my niggles with the update calculation action for rate calculations based on non ticket total amount.

You can force recalculation by putting it on an order added event. Using Update ticket calculation action. Or you can use Ticket Total Changed event.

I have.
However there are scenarios where ticket needs refreshing and others that dont.
And refresh cant be set as a blanket as it then cancels the autoselect function so then have another automation which prevents refresh/reset ticket is orders are selected (autoselect)

I guess I dont understand your specific case then.

I dont fully but have managed to sring together a selection or automation to work arround the querks.
Like I said some senarios updating calculation refreshes on screen without ticket reset, other require that to be set to true.
The result to keep the calculation shown correct at all times in say the autoselect senario I have to trigger execute auatomation command on ticket total changed, if orders are selected, ie changing portion then ticket reset is not required.
As autoselect is not instant if no orders are selected on ticket total changed I have to have a delayed automation command to allow autoselect to happen;

Then in the delayed automation command rule i can check again if any orders are selected (autoselect) and if so reset isnt required for some reason and it refreshes onscreen without issue, if not the update command triggered with true command value which is used for reset option on the update rules

You can set a Calculation Selector and leave header blank it will ensure calculations are updated on screen.

That may not work with using the action though…

Hmmmm, really? Let me test that.

It basically makes that calculation apply without having to press the button.

But if your using action to set the value it may not work.

No it doesnt :frowning:

While tested I reminded myself the issue.
Using ticket total changed calculation displayed is not refreshed live, onscreen shows 1 order added behind when using the action

Did you try Order Added event?

Order added doesnt cover portion change or tag with value, or cancel/void.
Think I may hve found a beter work arround, testing atm.

1 Like

Need to test more but seems just making the update on background automation command seems to resolve, but cant beleive I wouldnt have tried that and my previous automation had a split flow using background but cant remember the senario that was/wasnt needed, there must have been a reason for the split flow…

Unless emre made changes I didnt notice when I first brought up the issue. But seems to work.

Having a quick test on live system it would seem tweeks he has made has effected the flow meaning background looks to cover the issue.