Can 2 different user run 2 database on Smabapos at a time

i have a very strange question

i have setup a server with database A and i want user A to use it
then can User B access the server with database B using rdp?

so basically can user run samba with different database on one machine using rdp connection?

So just to be sure. Your server has 2 databases. A and B. You want user A to use the actual server. but User b connect to the server but access database B?

If you are running SQL Express you can have 2 databases at same time yes. I want to ask though why do you have 2 databases?

The way you would do this is you would have to allow multiple instances in your sambasettings.txt file Meaning you would run 2 instances of SambaPOS on the server. One connected to Database A one connected to Database B and the second Samba Instance is the one you connect to with rdp.

I can not think of a reason why you want 2 databases though?

the main purpose is to have independent user based sale report and when they end the work poriod their reports are printed.
i know i can use custom reports but currently its having the formatting issue

so

for Manager i set database A
for Cashier set database B
using rdp Cashier can access his terminal while Manager is using his terminal

correct?

i thought i would face problem coz only one instance of samba can run

why don’t you just use this?

this wont be suitable because i want the item sale report to be user based also

sometimes you just have to follow instructions while knowing a better solution does exists :slight_smile:

how will i achieve to do that?

do you mean that each ticket need to be assigned to a user? do you want to track the sales or the cash?

need to track both cash and sale

would be best if you can give a bit more detail of your process? who and when? what to track at the end of the day

got a link to di it!!

i have here its above

How are you going to reconcile the two databases? Manually? Are you tracking inventory? You can do this yes but you may want to explore other options once you get that working.

What you are doing is not efficient and there is plenty of support to do what you want from within SambaPOS. But I understand if you feel this is your only route atm due to your issue. However it would be better if we could work out your issue though wouldnt it?

So basically what your doing is not user tracking your tracking terminals. What if manager signs into users computer to do sales? Or what if user signs into computer manager is using and does sales… that messes up your entire process.

It just seems like to me your going to cause yourself more issues than just formatting issue if you go this route. Obviously you can do what you feel you need too but why not focus on fixing the formatting issue?

i wont be reconiling, wont be tracking inventory and yes you are right it will be tracking terminal.

the purpose to keep track of the sales on terminals.

@Jesse how can i assign database to terminal

with connection string.

@Jesse [quote=“Jesse, post:16, topic:4436, full:true”]
with connection string.
[/quote]

recceving this error when i am setting terminal ith different database

[Exception Info 1]
Top-level Exception
Type: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
Stack Trace: at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader() at System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.ExecuteStoreQueryInternal[TElement](String commandText, String entitySetName, MergeOption mergeOption, Object[] parameters) at Samba.Persistance.Data.Initializer.InitializeDatabase(DataContext context) at System.Data.Entity.Database.<>c__DisplayClass21.b__0(DbContext c)
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.<>c__DisplayClass8.b__6()
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.PerformInitializationAction(Action action)
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.PerformDatabaseInitialization()
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.b__4(InternalContext c)
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.RetryAction1.PerformAction(TInput input) at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.InitializeDatabaseAction(Action1 action)
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.InitializeDatabase()
at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.ForceOSpaceLoadingForKnownEntityTypes()
at System.Data.Entity.DbContext.System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.IObjectContextAdapter.get_ObjectContext()
at Samba.Infrastructure.Data.SqlData.EFWorkspace…ctor(CommonDbContext context)
at Samba.Persistance.Data.WorkspaceFactory.Create()
at Samba.Presentation.Services.Common.DataGeneration.DataCreationService…ctor()
at Samba.Modules.SettingsModule.SettingsViewModel.ForceConnectionUpdate()
at Samba.Modules.SettingsModule.SettingsView.ButtonInfo_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at DevExpress.Xpf.Editors.ButtonInfo.RaiseClickEvent(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at DevExpress.Xpf.Editors.ButtonInfo.OnButtonClick(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Button.OnClick()
at System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.ButtonBase.OnMouseLeftButtonDown(MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseLeftButtonDownThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
at System.Windows.UIElement.OnMouseDownThunk(Object sender, MouseButtonEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Input.MouseButtonEventArgs.InvokeEventHandler(Delegate genericHandler, Object genericTarget)
at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean trusted)
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessInput(InputEventArgs input)
at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
at Samba.Presentation.App.Main()

[Assembly Info]
Samba.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0
System, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure.Data, Version=1.0.0.0
PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
FluentValidation, Version=3.4.0.0
Samba.Domain, Version=1.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v14.1, Version=14.1.6.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Grid.v14.1.Core, Version=14.1.6.0
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0
Stateless, Version=1.0.0.0
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Core.v14.1, Version=14.1.6.0
EntityFramework, Version=4.4.0.0
System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0
System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.CSharp, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Persistance, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0
PropertyTools, Version=2012.4.14.1

Be sure they are same version etc. You connect to any database the same using connection string. How did you make the 2nd database?

Hint connection string should be same only difference is database name. You are running 1 version of sql express right? It should house both databases.

well i backup the db 1 and create a new db2. then restore db1 on db2

And how did you do this? With mssms or backup tool?