Can i resale SambaPOS v5?

Can I resale SambaPOS v5?

If yes how can i manage licensing or validity ?

You can resell SambaPOS v5 at the same cost of $99 you buy licenses for. Right now there isn’t any partner program for resellers however may be in the future. I myself resell as part of our service of selling POS terminals. I don’t specifically say to the customer the license was $99, I just bundle it as part of the total cost - as you will have hardware, your time for training and support, configuration, etc. Customer will always see the $99 price though in Samba Market.

You can create individual Samba Market accounts for each customer, I prefix the account with my company name, e.g. companyname_customername. The email on the account can be same for all, as you can also pay with PayPal for the license with same account for them all.

Licenses for SambaPOS do not expire. They are valid for the current version (v5) for lifetime. In future when v6 is released, there will likely be additional cost to upgrade to v6 but will be optional. You can also still use v4 which is free of licensing and still charge your customers, however I tend to go with v5 now since it has added benefits of lots more features, custom reports, database tools and backup modules built in.

If you want to make ongoing revenue from the customer, you can charge them for on going support on a monthly or annual basis. That’s what I and many others who resell SambaPOS do.

Hope that helps :smile:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I would also be interested in the ability to private label the application through a Partner Program, either through a one-time Partner fee or additional license fee per site.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Un-license SambaPOS V5 PC?