Can you Add a float value and cash up?

I believe @rickh has a working system maybe he would share it?

The Document Types can handle one Account Type to anthor one only, and can not be amended as well printed out.
This image is what I was talking about a free input format.
Hope it can give you guys a little idea.
Thank You

To be honest I prefer the method it uses now. It is simpler and automatic. Yes it may be complicated to setup at first but once setup it runs great and is very simple. I do not like having to manually update my accounts I prefer it to automatically do it which is what it does with transactions , transaction types etc. This to me is easier.

You have made some great recommendations however I do not think we will see any major changes to accounting as it works great and is proven in multiple locations.

You can do just about everything you have mentioned and even the stuff you said can not be done. All of that can be done in SambaPOS including ammending accounts etc. You just need to share with us what your wanting to do we can help you from within the rules of how it is setup now.

PS To you your spreadsheet and manual entry and manual handeling of accounts etc is easier… but to someone that may not be experienced in accounting it may be way too complicated and cause them more problems.

Yes, Kendash
For me it may be easier, but not suitable for people who are not experienced accounting.

Would you mind showing me how to edit or amend a wrong transaction, you know sometime we will wrong input 200 for 2.00.
Sambapos account can print the list of each account but can not print the transaction, how can we do it?

And the most important is we need documents to CPA for Year-End.
In my country, we need to provide:
For Sales: (the Ticket copies or a report with numbering ticket’s sale)
For Purchase: (the receipt from supplier and show in which transaction)
For Expense: (the receipt attaced to the transaction print out)
For inter transaction: (at lease the transaction print out)
I really want Sambapos can do it avoiding to use an addition accounting system attach it.
Many thanks./ Wayne

When you say ammend a transaction are you meaning a ticket? Or are you meaning a supplier Transaction, or an expense account transaction key error?

Custom Reports Module can build very detailed reports with data from the Accounts and display it how you want it and it is printable.

1. You can reprint tickets by making a Reprint Ticket button and using Ticket Explorer to print them. You can use Custom Reports Module to list tickets, Sales, Item Sales, Taxes, anything you want.
  2. You can use Custom Reports Module to list purchases and print the reports. You can use numbers from actual supplier receipts as your Transaction # if you want it linked this way.
  3. Expenses you can print from accounts or the better approach would be custom reports module and printing those reports as they can be drilled down more accurately.

Again you have not really given us any information of what your wanting to do. I am having to guess at it.

This is what Transactions look like in the DB. Every transaction in this screenshot is 2 lines. There are only 2 Tickets shown here, showing transactions from the Sale through to Payment.

If you find you need to edit a Transaction, this can be done inside SambaPOS in Manage > Accounts > Transactions. Although I have encountered some cases where I need to do this, it is extremely rare, and is not considered good practice.

1./ Not for the Tickets, I mean key error of the transaction from document types.
2./ Any method to print a transaction copy when the document type action done.
3./ Can it be a number running for this kind of document types transaction.

Sorry but can you please share with us what your doing. If we have to guess constantly we will never be able to provide you good recommendations. What kind of transactions are you doing? Maybe show us some screenshots of what you have now and what you would like to achieve.

Editing Transactions can be done for any type of Document, not just Tickets, look to my previous post on how this is done. Here is a Document for a Supplier Payout (I actually need to edit these more than I would like to, due to keying errors):

1 Like

Thanks a lot! QMcKay,
Now I know where to have the transaction print out and the way to amend.

Kendash, I just want to have a function to print a copy when I completed a transaction.
beside, for ticket there is a ticket number running, but for document types non, can we have a number running for that kind of transaction too?

Im going to create my first tutorial about my cashing up and till float system, this will take a few days and ill add a section at a time

1 Like