Can you departmentalize classic Work Period Report?

If you have only one ticket type then there is no reason to use REPORT TICKET TYPES syntax at all you can use REPORT TICKET TOTAL or REPORT TICKET DETAILS with .sum and expressions or parameters.

1 Like

Yes ok I was chasing the same layout which obviously is embedded: Servicing; Auto-round; Tax; subtotal etc. I have not looked at other Tags but looks like I will need to deconstruct the report.

Thanks guys I will commence deconstruction and see what other Tags produce. TICKET DETAILS is a great “heads up”.

Some default WP report tags do what a long form of REPORT TICKET DETAILS etc does. It saved time and simplified it. But if you need more options you need to use full tags and expressions.

Ok I will keep the default Work period Report and shall call it “Total Location Work Period Report”. I will build a new one for Departmental Reporting. As long at the “End of the Day” a department can balance off there Sales (Tickets) and Cash all should be sweet.

I have seen the “2 Draw Balances” so looking forward to implementing that!

I just came to comment about the heading. right on! haha vocab all the way :stuck_out_tongue: lets vocabatalize on this :stuck_out_tongue:

Work period report was made into custom report so you can customize it. People wanted to be able to make it their own. Now people seem to want to not mess with it lol. Anyway you can delete it and then go to Settings > Program Settings > Maintenance and choose Create default reports option to recreate the original one at any time so dont be afraid to edit it for your needs.