Can't open SambaPOS (Solved, Thanks to you ALL)

this is what I do

there is two option
Local BD 2012
and Local BD 2014

I chosed 2014
so I need to uninstall sambapos and install it again without choosing any of them

I deleted the SQL 2014 and it worked without database

I will istall now SQL 2016

1 Like

This should help you. It is old but most of it should still be relevant.

This is for 2014 but it should be virtually the same with 2016. You should use the latest 2016.

Finally this might be helpful if you run into issues.

1 Like

thank you very much you were more than helpful, I will go though all of these and try to get it working again, Thank you

1 Like

Remember to look at the video I posted earlier shows how to change to a fresh database if needed.

Don’t know how relevant it is to the case here but in my case, if you’ve tried installing SambaPOS5.61 previously

then SambaPOS5.60 or below won’t work for some reason.

You can’t go backwards. That is by design and is that way for all versions. But .61 is for beta users so I took the link out of your post.

That’s a fair point. I am a bit curious what happen if the new version end up breaking something major and the end user couldn’t fall back to previous working version as contingency plan ? I understand a lot of beta testers are doing their best to prevent such issue but I think it should be mentioned nonetheless.

To begin with, non beta tester shouldn’t be poking around with beta version but curiosity got the better of me and now I couldn’t configure recipe fixed cost feature to work anymore unless I find a way to go back to 5.60 :stuck_out_tongue:
(I’m testing it on my test pc so all’s good)

The only way to go back is to load the last backup of .60 onto that samba version download

I adjust every thing at last, and got the program running again, but got two problems, before the printer was printing Arabic letter excellent, but now putting ??? instead of the Arabic language. I changed the printer to HTML and it worked with a slightly change in the output but I want to know why this happen as it was printing Arabic fine before with Sambapos.

The second problem the problem which for it I wanted a fresh SamboPos, and did all that to start from the beginning to fix this. In the new customer screen all other lines but the Name had gone, and I can’t enter design mode to get them back.

This is the Customer search screen I had many Fields added but when clicking on the new Customer that what I get

So please any help with this issue.

I managed to solve the New Customer Screen, I just Deleted SambaPos and Reinstall it. And that solved the problem, I don’t know how but it did and this is the result. very good

The fields in that screen are stored in an .xml file in the Layouts folder. So when you deleted the SambaPOS program folder, you ended up deleting the Layout file, in which case, SambaPOS will rebuild the file next time it is started, and by default, it will use all available fields from that Entity Type.

The Layout files will be in one of the following locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SambaPOS5\Layout\
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\SambaPOS5\Layout\
 ... the above is that same as:
[Documents]\SambaPOS5\Layout\

There will be Layout files for any of your configured Entity Screens - in the case of the Customer Search Entity Screen, the marked file below controls what is displayed, so in your case, you probably could have just deleted that file …

1 Like

Thank you very much for the explanation.

Hi
I have installed sambaPOS but it wont load. it gives me error every time i try to load it. I have tried to install sql as mentioned earlier but still getting same error.

this is the log file error.

26/06/2018 00:52
License settings clearing for ::False
######################### E N D #########################
License settings restoring for ::False
-----------------------------
[General Info]

Application: SambaPOS
Version:     5.2.4
Region:      en
DB:          SQ
Machine:     FESSLAPTOP
User:        Fess Laptop
Date:        25/06/2018
Time:        23:52

User Explanation:

Fess Laptop said ""

[Exception Info 1]

Top-level Exception
Type:        System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException
Message:     Cannot open database "SambaPOS5" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'FessLaptop\Fess Laptop'.
Source:      .Net SqlClient Data Provider
Stack Trace: at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.Processors.GenericProcessorBase.EnsureConnectionIsOpen()
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.Processors.SqlServer.SqlServerProcessor.Exists(String template, Object[] args)
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.Processors.SqlServer.SqlServerProcessor.SchemaExists(String schemaName)
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.VersionLoader.get_AlreadyCreatedVersionSchema()
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.VersionLoader.LoadVersionInfo()
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.VersionLoader..ctor(IMigrationRunner runner, Assembly assembly, IMigrationConventions conventions)
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.MigrationRunner..ctor(Assembly assembly, IRunnerContext runnerContext, IMigrationProcessor processor)
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.Initialization.TaskExecutor.Initialize()
   at FluentMigrator.Runner.Initialization.TaskExecutor.Execute()
   at Samba.Persistance.Data.Migrator.DoMigrate(String connectionString)
   at Samba.Persistance.Data.Migrator.DoMigrate(CommonDbContext context)
   at Samba.Persistance.Data.Initializer.Migrate(CommonDbContext context)
   at Samba.Persistance.Data.Initializer.InitializeDatabase(DataContext context)
   at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.<>c__DisplayClassf`1.<CreateInitializationAction>b__e()
   at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.PerformInitializationAction(Action action)
   at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.PerformDatabaseInitialization()
   at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.<InitializeDatabase>b__4(InternalContext c)
   at System.Data.Entity.Internal.RetryAction`1.PerformAction(TInput input)
   at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.InitializeDatabaseAction(Action`1 action)
   at System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.InitializeDatabase()
   at System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.ForceOSpaceLoadingForKnownEntityTypes()
   at System.Data.Entity.DbContext.System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.IObjectContextAdapter.get_ObjectContext()
   at Samba.Infrastructure.Data.SqlData.EFWorkspace..ctor(CommonDbContext context)
   at Samba.Persistance.Data.WorkspaceFactory.Create()
   at Samba.Presentation.Services.Common.DataGeneration.DataCreationService.get_Workspace()
   at Samba.Presentation.Services.Common.DataGeneration.DataCreationService.ShouldCreateData()
   at Samba.Presentation.Services.Common.DataGeneration.DataCreationService.CreateData()
   at Samba.Presentation.Bootstrapper.InitializeShell()

[Assembly Info]

mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationFramework, Version=4.0.0.0
PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0
System, Version=4.0.0.0
WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
System.ComponentModel.Composition, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Xaml, Version=4.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism.MefExtensions, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Services, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Presentation.Common, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Domain, Version=1.0.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.Prism, Version=4.0.0.0
System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0
Samba.Infrastructure, Version=1.0.0.0
DevExpress.Data.v16.2, Version=16.2.6.0
DevExpress.Xpf.Core.v16.2, Version=16.2.6.0
Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Localization, Version=1.0.0.0
Samba.Persistance, Version=1.0.0.0
FastButton, Version=1.0.0.0

[System Info]

Operating System
-Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
--CodeSet = 1252
--CSDVersion = Service Pack 1
--CurrentTimeZone = 60
--FreePhysicalMemory = 11549704
--OSArchitecture = 64-bit
--OSLanguage = 1033
--ServicePackMajorVersion = 1
--ServicePackMinorVersion = 0
--Version = 6.1.7601

Machine
-FESSLAPTOP
--Manufacturer = Dell Inc.
--Model = Latitude E5430 non-vPro
--TotalPhysicalMemory = 17056800768
--UserName = FessLaptop\Fess Laptop

Says your login failed meaning your using the wrong username or password for SQL server.

1 Like

But its not letting me login to it. when i run the application it says loading after 10/15 seconds it quits the application automatically and says log file has been saved.

how do i reset it completely if i cant remember my old info?